6 ~ school

Someone shakes my shoulder slightly, causing me to jolt awake. The car is now parked in Charles' driveway.

"Hey kid, we're home." Charles says softly, before opening his car door and getting out. He unlocks the front door before getting the suitcases out the boot of the car.

I groan slightly, before closing my eyes again. After Charles takes the suitcases inside, he walks back out, opening my car door.

"Come on. You can go to sleep inside." He says, tapping my shoulder.

I groan before pulling myself out of the car, and slowly walking into the house. I walk into the living room and flop down on the sofa, closing my eyes again.

"Have a quick nap, then we have to go school shopping." Charles says, tapping my foot like he had done in the hotel room.

"Shoes off the sofa." He adds, before pulling my shoes off my feet and placing them on the floor next to the sofa.

About an hour later, I wake up. Charles is sat, watching TV.

"We need to go school shopping today." He says, smiling at me. I sigh and sit up.

"Do you want some food? You didn't eat dinner on the plane last night." He says, looking at me slightly worried.

"No, I'm alright." I respond, leaning back on the sofa. "I hate plane food." I add, shaking my head slightly.

"Ok. We're going to go in five minutes, alright? Make sure you've put your shoes on, gone to the toilet and at least had a snack." He says, standing up off the sofa and walking away to get ready to go school shopping.

I absolutely hate school, no matter which school it is, I hate it.

"I don't want anything to eat." I state quietly, grabbing his attention. He turns around and looks at me worryingly.

"You have to eat." He says softly, furrowing his eyebrows slightly.

"No I don't." I say, slightly louder.

"Yes you do, Emilie. It's not an option" He insists.

"It's my body, I can eat as little as I like." I say loudly, and Charles raises his eyebrows at my outburst. There are a few moments of silence, with us staring at each other.

"Why don't you want to eat?" He asks suspiciously.

"I just don't, ok?" I shout at him, while standing up off the sofa.

"Hey, hey. Don't shout at me." He says calmly, stepping forwards slightly, so he's closer to me.

"Listen, I'm always here for you if you ever want to speak to me. So is Max, so is Carlos, so is Lando." He adds, smiling slightly and holding his arms out to the side, kind of inviting me in for a hug.

I wrap my arms around his torso, and hug him.

"Come on then, let's go school shopping." He says enthusiastically, smiling at me, and grabbing my hand before pulling me along behind him. I groan and follow slowly behind him.

•~•~•~•~

"I don't want to wear these." I say, as I walk into the kitchen the next morning, holding up a pair of trousers.

"Why aren't you dressed?" He exclaims, when he sees me still stood in my pyjamas.

"I don't want to wear these trousers." I repeat, continuing to hold them up in front me me so Charles can see.

"Why not? What's wrong with them?" He asks, glancing over at me, then continuing to do whatever task he was previously fulfilling.

"They're grey." I say, sighing slightly.