Chapter Three

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable ) ✝︎ ─── 03.
Tell It To The Frogs.

     MELODY LAUGHED at Carl as he groaned when Lori told him he needed a haircut, sticking her tongue out at him when he narrowed his eyes at her. She sat down next to Shane, forcing him to move over after she sent him an annoyed look.

"Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes, so don't, okay?" Lori told Carl as she combed through his hair. Melody played with the ends of her own hair, frowning at the split ends.

"I'm trying," Carl complained, huffing as Melody laughed at him. Shane nudged her with an annoyed expression.

"Well, try harder," Lori replied.

"If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving," Shane spoke up. "That stings, that day comes you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts."

Melody nods as she rubbed her leg with her hand. "It really does, I'd much rather be forced to get a haircut than shave. I miss my razors."

Shane hummed in agreement.

"I'll believe that when I see it," Carl chimed up. Shane chuckles at him, cleaning his gun. Melody's eyes lingered on the gun, wishing that she could have one all to herself even if she was terrible with them. Although, Merle was teaching her.

"I'll tell you what. . ." Shane drawled out, looking over at Carl. "You just get through this with some manly dignity and tomorrow, I'll teach you something special. I will teach you to catch frogs."

Melody gasped in fake excitement. "Oh, my! Carl, how exciting is that?"

Carl smiled at her, stifling his laugh as Shane glared over at her. Lori hid her smile as she cut Carl's hair, glancing up at the two arguing with each other. "I've caught a frog before."

"I said frogs. . . plural," Shane says. "And it is an art, my friend, it is not to be taking lightly. There are ways and means, few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets."

"How difficult is it to catch a frog?" Melody rolled her eyes at Shane. "You must be doing it wrong if you can't do in it the space of a few minutes."

"You ever caught a frog before?" Shane asked, looking over at her. She grimaced, shaking her head. "Then don't talk if you don't know anything about it."

Melody mocked him under her breath, waiting until he turned away to make a crude gesture at him that Lori sent her a warning look for.