Chapter Twelve

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable )    ✝︎     ───      12.
Secrets.

MELODY TIED the laces on her shoes tighter when she seen them untying, her knee digging into the grass as she struggled to get the perfect knot. She let go of the laces in annoyance, cursing down at them as she stood up. Rick watched her in amusement as she cursed, shaking his head at her. Melody glared at him, mumbling to herself about how stupid his face looked.

She stops herself from thinking not so innocent thoughts when he got down on one knee, practically pulling her foot on top of his thigh as he tied her laces. He tapped her ankle, signalling her to give him her other foot. So, this is what Lori gets to see when Rick── Stop it.

Her hand twitches by her side, desperate to just grip his hair. She inwardly groaned at herself, the very inappropriate thoughts making their way to the front of her brain.

"All good?" Rick asks, looking up at her after he finished tying her laces. Melody nods her head, staring down at him. She knew she looked stupid, her pupils were most likely full blown and her eyes were just wide enough to make her look stupid. She couldn't have been that horny, it had only been like a week or so since she last had sex, granted it was horrible and he didn't even know where to put it.

Rick stands up to his full height, taking a few steps back since they were almost chest to chest. Melody didn't know what the fuck was going on and why there was suddenly this new tension between her and Rick, or why she was suddenly desperate to──

"Mel!" Daryl called from the tent, poking the side of the tent with his arrow. Melody let out an annoyed sigh, walking over to the tent and sending her dad an annoyed look. "Get me more water."

She sent him a glare, rolling her eyes at him. "Dad, there's literally a full glass of water next to you."

Daryl looked over at the glass, faking a pained groan as he didn't even try to reach for it. Melody groaned, walking into the tent, grabbing the glass of water and handing it to him. "I'm literally gonna shoot you," Melody huffed as she stared down at him, arms crossed over at chest. Daryl smiles teasingly up at his daughter, taking a sip of the water.

"Rick was standing a little too close to you," Daryl mentions as Melody goes to walk out of the tent. Melody frowned in confusion, turning around to look at Daryl who had an expression on his face she couldn't quite read. "I'll kick his ass if he tries anything, you just say the word."

"Whatever you say, Dad," Melody hums sarcastically before walking out of the tent. Daryl mocks her under his breath, going back to poking holes in the side of the tent.