Secrets Revealed. Also Uzi, meet N!

Y/N POV:

I frantically finish school, worried and confused. I finally manage to finish without dying of anxiety and scramble over to Uzi's place.

I hide the bodies I'd collected in a bag, trying to make sure no oil spills on my books and ring the doorbell. I hear a few loud footsteps and a faint bite me before the door swings open.

"Hi April!" She says trying to be cheerful but clearly frustrated with something.

"Hey, Uzi, are you ok? No, I feel you're gonna say I'm fine, tell me the truth." I say calmly, my eyebrows knitting together in concern.

"U-uh, fine. I'm not fine." She admits, now really interested in her shoes.

"Don't be embarrassed, Uzi. It's ok to have emotion. Oh, and before I forget, I'll be able to join you on your 3:30 trip to the murder drone place, but only at 3:45." I say putting my hand on her shoulder and smiling. She blushes. "Ok, I'm gonna go now. C ya!" I salute her and leave.

Ok, I think that I did the right thing. So now I don't disappoint Uzi or worry N! I hum happily and sneak past the three doors, skipping towards the large spire of corpses, a winged figure on the top of it.

———at 3:00 am———

Uzi POV:

My alarm goes off and I slap it to shut it up. I get ready excitedly and sling my not yet useable railgun on my back, feeling really b@d@$$, grabbing the ultimate key card and quickly sneaking towards the three doors.

I'm about to reach the last door when I bump into dad.

"Oh, Robo-Jesus!" I yell surprised.

"And where might you be off to." He says unimpressed, looking at me suspiciously.

"Umm... sneaking out to to make out with my boyfriend I definitely have?" I say unsure of myself. Dad bursts out laughing but quickly regains his composure.

"Seriously though."

...
Did he not believe I'd have a boyfriend?

"Okay, okay, you caught me!" I say quickly thinking up of an excuse. "I need to measure the exterior hydraulic mechanisms of Door One. Because... that's the project I'm working on in school?" I think he's buying it so I continue. "A big old door! Just like what my old man builds! I want to join the WDF and hide behind doors like cowards while playing cards and stuff..."

Dad chuckles.

"Well, we don't JUST play cards..." suddenly the door opens to reveal the workers sitting around a rectangular table.

"Khan! Can you grab a fresh pack? We literally only play cards so much that the numbers have faded. Oh, hey Uzi!" I think it was Braxton said, waving cheerfully.

I chuckle.

Dad quickly closes the door and turns back to me.

"Well..." he pauses to laugh. "When you build doors so good..." he hugs the door as if that was his daughter and not me. I didn't think I'd ever need to say this, but I'm jealous of a door.

"There's no need to fight! Uzi, this is great news! Here, the wrench that I used to tighten bolts on my first door prototype. And to put your mom out of her misery when the Murder Drones got to her with the nanite acid... I want you to have it!" He says excitedly handing me the wrench.

"Neat. Therapy's fun!" I say jokingly.

He opens the door and pushes me towards it with his right hand.

"Guys, my daughter's into doors!" The guys around the table start cheering as dad opens the door and lets me out.

"She's gonna be outside for a bit to examine the exterior of Door One! Your door specific destiny awaits!" He says pushing me outside into the snowstorm.

"Uhh... wow! Okay! I'm just gonna leave then, cause this worked so weirdly well. Uhh, go doors?" I lamely say as the door shuts closed.

I sigh but head towards to the murder drones lair.

"Ooh..." I whisper, noticing a pile of tech material. I start looking through it when I hear something behind me. I hide quickly.

It sounded like... laughing? No one of them was giggling. I grab a piece of metal and use it to reflect what was going on.

Two murder drones.

My heartbeat feels so loud that I was pretty sure that others could hear it. Something I DID NOT want.

The girl notices me first. Her eyes contract (no color in the middle) and widen. She looks over to the guy and says something. The guy shrugs and goes back to digging through the pile as the girl swiftly flies over to me.

"Uzi?" She whispers. I spin around and point the railgun at her.

"Stay back." I growl.

"No, Uzi, it's me. April?" She whispers, her hands in the air nervously. I'm in shock.

"What?!" I put the railgun down. She seems relieved but she's biting her lips nervously. "Who are you?"

"I'm... my name's not actually April...? It's Y/N." She whispers nervously. I feel like I shouldn't trust her, but... something was telling me it was her.

"Fine. You're explaining later." I growl hoping to sound menacing, but she was probably an entire foot taller than me and had weapons everywhere built into her.

She sighs, relieved.

"I'm gonna go get some... stuff." She says pointing into the distance. She spreads open her wings and flies away.

Unfortunately that attracted the guy's attention.

I quickly jump away as he lands where I used to stand.

"Woah, and they said pirating all that anime was useless." He stabs me in the hand and flings me around like a cat. He throws me to the ground, making me land with a sickening thud.

That's when I remembered the railgun.

"Bite me." I grumble before aiming for his head and shooting it clean off as his body slumps to the ground.

"Holy hell, suck on THAT dad!" I pump my fist in the air in excitement.

Suddenly the drone gets up and regenerates it's head, a red error sign appearing on his visor. Nervous and scared and running off adrenaline, I grab a random arm off the ground and go up to murder bot and hit him with it.

He boots up and blinks a few times.

"Did you just slap me with that arm?" He asks innocently, pointing at the worker drone arm in my right hand.

"Holy crap it talks."

"Yeah... sorry, it's just my head kinda hurts." He says rubbing the back of his head with one hand. "Hey, are you new to our squad? You're a little uh... short, for a disassembly drone..." he squints at me. Crap he realized didn't he?! "I'm serial designation N, nice to meet you!" Oh I
guess he didn't.

"I'm kind of the leader of the squad in this city! That's not true, almost everybody tells me I'm useless. Wait, I'm not supposed to tell you that part!" He says, his eyes widening and his tail shooting up straight like a dog's. "Biscuits!"

He sighs.

"Well, honesty is the best policy!" He says before chuckling. "I also can't seem to remember the past three hours of my life... but ah, I'm sure that'll figure itself out." He finishes, grinning.

He matches Y/N's personality perfectly actually. I kinda ship them. I don't know why, I just feel bitter looking at N now.

I don't even know why.
I like Thad.
Not Y/N?

I guess I'm just scared that he'll steal all her time away from me? None of this makes any sense. I give up.

Hey guys, author here. I have tests so sorry this took a while to come out. Word count is 1272, see you guys in the next one!