I Love You Half Way- Prologue

Golden streaks infiltrated the room and laid along the sealing. Night was finally over, and it was time for me to hide.

I rolled over in bead to see black and blue strands scattered along his pillows. Soft snores breathed through the room, and even in his sleep, he still managed to sooth me like a restless lullaby.

However I couldn't stay here, today was the day that everything begins, and I shouldn't involve myself with him more than I already have.

A silent apology never makes its way past my lips as I secure one of his spare hoodies and sweatpants over my body. I decide to take one last glance at the scene I would probably never see again.

Rained on by golden light, laid a sleeping boy. I wouldn't see him again for who knows how long, and by then it will be too late for us.

My feet lead me to his bedside without my permission. I kiss his forehead with such tenderness I didn't know that I was capable of, and I make my way out the door, off the boat, and into the alleyways of the street.

"Goodbye Luka."

"Sage?"

A voice rang out in a mostly empty room. Dyed hair parted ways from the cushion of pillows as he begins to look around everywhere for someone that was long gone.

"How could I forget it's today?"

The light leaves his eyes the moment he realizes that today was the day she was meant to leave. He was so enamored by their date yesterday that it completely flew over his head.

Well, it could hardly be called a date. They met coincidentally mid day after he finished his shift on the job.

Surprisingly, she was the one who asked him to accompany her. Sage wasn't one to ask others to hang out, much less a complete stranger.

And he knew that.

But of course he took her up on her offer, how could he not? Though he had been searching for her, he had yet been able to find her. And then she pops up in front of him, asking for a rare outing.

His confusion was ignored by the delight in his heart.

However now, he holds his head in his hands, cradling it. Blaming himself for being so careless.

"She just comes and goes whenever she pleases, huh? Even in this life." He sighs in frustration before changing and deciding to continue his search for the girl that eludes him like a ghost. Her face haunting him, her words sticking in his mind, her touch lingering on his body.

No, they had never had a directly intimate moment, at least not in this life. Even before the restart, they had only shared a few kisses between each other. He would have showered her in affection if not for her arms-length policy. Never letting him in, but she couldn't bare to push him away anymore than that.

The corner of his mouth twitched up. Yes, she couldn't push him away. Despite her cold frontier, she loved him. Or rather- will love him.

With that he marched off of the boat, into the alleyways of the street, in another hopeless attempt to find a girl who wouldn't meet him halfway.