Yeoneu's Part Time Job

I am working in 94c cafe for half a year now. My boss has been drinking, feeling down and MIA everyday since that day...

My name is Yeoneu. I am currently a university student and will be graduating summer next year, 2023. The only income I have is by working in the cafe.

Okay, enough of introducing myself. I have to make a coffee delivery by 12pm.

I delivered the 100 cups of Americano at Grand Hyatt Hotel and made my way back to the van.

Outside the hotel, there is a flower shop. I went in and bought a bouquet of Forget-Me-Nots. I placed them on the seat beside me.

When I was about to drive off, a stranger got into the van. It was a man, never seen him before and he seemed anxious.

"WHO ARE YOU??!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"I will pay you 100,000 won if you drive off right now," the strange man said.

"Get out of my car right now before I call the police!" I'm starting to lose my calm as I shouted again.

"Look behind! If you don't wanna get caught, drive off immediately!" the man commanded while looking behind.

I followed his glance and look behind. Three guys dressed like the agents in MIB came running towards the van.

Without much thought, I drove off immediately, as fast as I could. When I got back my calm, that man was sitting on the flowers.

"Get off from my flowers!" I shouted at him.

That man shoo-ed away from the flowers and took it.

"Wow! Such beautiful flowers! Did you get it for yourself since no one gives you flowers?" that strange man smirked while saying.

I glared at him.

"Do you need me to send you flowers everyday?" he continued.

I pulled up and asked him to leave right now.

Before he left, he took out a 100,000 won bill and placed it on the seat. Off he went, after seeing the van door shut close.

After a right turn, I reached the cafe. My boss is not around and the cafe remained close. I closed the cafe for awhile when I was out delivering the coffee.

I took out the keys and opened the cafe door. I set up the coffee machines and washed some cups.

Bark. Bark. Bark.

I turned around and saw a grey poodle sitting on one of the cafe seats. There was an old lady sitting beside the dog.

"I'm so sorry but pets are not allowed in our cafe," I said it as politely as I can.

"I'm only sitting here waiting for someone and it's outside," the lady replied.

94c Cafe is an indoor and outdoor concept cafe. The indoor is for customers to sit up close and watch how the coffee are made (only counter seats). The outdoor has more tables and chairs which is also kore spacious.

The old lady was sitting on the outdoor part of the cafe.

"I'm so sorry but the outside is considered a part of the cafe which is not allowed too.." I said again.

"Do you know who am I?! Where is your boss? I want to speak to him now!" the old lady demanded.

"I'm sorry but my boss is not around now..."

The old lady ignored me and proceeded to carry her poodle dog, wanting to leave.

"Grandma..!" someone exclaimed.