Part 5: Our faith

Our Final King:  Part 5: Our Faith

Otto: *tuning the radio* "Come on" *static continues* "Nein...please." *static stops* "Sheißer, I lost power again."

Felix: "The wires must be fried, this tank was hit by enemy fire, maybe the shockwave of the bombs and rockets screwed it up."

Karl: "Could be rats too. After all this is a good hiding place from predators. That's if they can even get in."

Otto: "Oh that's not good, I found the issue."

Fritz: "The wiring got cut when those idiots worked on the transmission?"

Otto: "Nein, there's water in the radio."

Fritz: "How is that possible?"

Otto: "I don't know, but there's water inside of it." Otto looked up and saw a crack on the welding of the top of the hull. "Well that must be the issue. There seems to be cracking along the welds of the hull top."

Felix: "Well shit, that's not good. She's not holding up well. She's really taking a beating from all the enemy fire."

Fritz: "We still must push on though. We just can't let the enemy get past the bridge."

Karl: *blows smoke out of his mouth, taps cigarette into a bottle* "Why must you keep on saying that...? You do understand that we can only do so much correct?"

Fritz: "I understand yes...but that doesn't mean we stop trying. We just have to keep looking forward and not behind ourselves."

Karl: "Fritz...we don't even have ammo right now...and you expect us to be "fine" in all this? Listen, we are fighting a war that has an end already written in the book. And it's not one that we like. Hell, Kaiser is gone. And there's nothing we ca-"

Fritz: "Keep his name...out of your mouth..." I sat there, my breath shaking and my fist clenched as I slammed it into the side of the turret. A burst of pain, waving back and forth through my arm, receded immediately due to the intense adrenaline.

Karl: "Listen Fritz, all I'm saying is that we are dancing on ropes here very soon, threads. This is no complete stage Fritz. This is coming down to the bare minimum of it all."

As the tank drove through the country roads of Germany, the crew couldn't help but notice the decimated town they had arrived in. Fritz opened his cupola and poked himself out, setting his gaze upon the war torn town the people here once called home. There lay bodies of SS soldiers and even innocent families. The sight of this sent chills down Fritz's spine and began to turn his stomach inside out. The thought of what was truly happening really began to grow into his mind.

Karl: "What's that buzzing sound?"

Fritz looked up and saw 3 Soviet PE-2 aircraft fly overhead. This worried Fritz a lot because those planes could have bombs and the pilots could have possibly seen the King Tiger as they flew over.

Fritz: "Hurry Felix get to the building! Just drive into it!"

Felix immediately turned the tank and rammed into the building. Bricks and supports beams came crashing down onto the tank and dust filled the area. The sound of the engine losing fuel rang in their ears.

Felix: "Nein Nein Nein Nein...FUCK!"

Fritz: "Scheißer...I'll inspect it."

Fritz crawled out of the tank with Karl tailing behind to catch a smoke. Fritz hopped on top of the engine bay. He removed the cover and began to inspect the issue.