Chapter XXVI: Until Death Do Us Part

Nineteen years into Morgan's reign

William and Alexandra are marrying today. I am so proud of William, he has really matured and is no longer my little boy. He is now a man, a man set to be married.

I can tell they really love each other, I have seen their relationship blossom into a beautiful flower. I hope all remains well, life has been good since I stopped smoking and drinking.

Joann is maturing into a lovely young lady. Andreas is now five and is a little rowdy. Anna and I are forty, It felt like yesterday I was just taking the throne.

William walks in and bows, " Father, you look great", William says with a smile. I wore all orange, William chose to wear all black velvet. " Thank you Icarus. You look better", I say as I stand up.

" I'm nervous Father, I love Alexandra, but I'm still nervous", William informs me. " You should have seen me on my wedding day. I was shaking like a leaf in autumn", I say as I grab the family sword from the wall.

" It will be okay Will. You love her, that's all you need to worry about", I say as I strap the sword onto William's waist. We walk down the hall and down the stairs.

" Your Royal Majesty, the guest list", Dylan says after bowing, he hands me a guest list. The English Royal Family, The Scottish Royal Family, The Bavarian Royal Family, The French Royal Family, Swabian Royal Family, Gloucesterinian Royal Family, Holy Roman Family, and Pope Louis.

" How many people is this?", I ask. " Seven Royals, Seven Queens, Thirty-six family members and Pope Louis. So Fifty-one", Dylan says. My lord, that's a lot.

" And our Seventy-one courtiers, myself, Archbishop Stephen, Sir John, and Four hundred and two guards. So all together is Five hundred and twenty seven people", Dylan says as we walk into the coronation room.

Forty pews line the entire room. " This is massive William, only fifty showed up for my wedding", I say after a laugh. " Are we able to pay for it?", William asks.

" Barely sir, our coffers are now dry", Dylan says. " Dry? We've been saving for a year", I say. " Yes sire. This next year, we'll just have to be tight", Dylan says.

" Okay, thank you Dylan, tell the guards to roll out the carpet", I say as I sit down in a pew. Dylan bows and walks down the hall. " I'm sorry it cost so much", William says as he sits down next to me.

" Don't worry, like Dylan said, we'll be tight this next year. Just have fun today, this is the most important day of your life", I say as I fix my crown to my head.

--------------------

Trumpets blast and drums pound. Hymns are sung by the choir boys. William stands at the altar, holding his breath. Anna rubs my hand, I kiss her cheek.

Alexandra walks down the aisle in a huge white dress, Arthur hooks her arm and walks with her. The trumpets and drums are quiet as the hymns are sung louder.

Arthur stops at the altar, he kisses Alexandra on the cheek. Arthur sits down next to me. " We are gathered here today to join Princess Alexandra of England and William, Duke of Dinefwr in a patrilineal marriage", Archbishop Stephen begins.

I hold Anna's hand. " Let us begin. Do you Anna, take William as your lawfully wedded husband?", Stephen asks firmly. " Yes, I do", Alexandra says with a smile.

" Do you William, take Alexandra as your lawfully wedded wife?", Stephen asks firmly. " Yes, I do", William says smiling. " The bride and the groom have prepared vows, they will now be read", Stephen says.

" William, I have loved you since the moment I met you four years ago. I pledge to love, work with and obey you", Alexandra says. Anna raps here arm around me.

" Alexandra, before I met you. I was a nervous, timid boy. You helped me grow into the man I need to be to lead a kingdom and a family. I pledge to love, work with and obey you", William says.

" William, you may kiss the bride", Stephen says with a smile. Hymns play as William and Alexandra passionately kiss. Everyone begins clapping.

William and Alexandra wave towards everyone and walk down the aisle. I am so happy for them, they deserve happiness. Arthur, Sophia, Anna and I stand up and walk down the aisle.

" King Morgan", A man says in a German accent. I turn around, Kaiser Fritz stands before me. I bow and kiss Fritz's hand. " This was a lovely wedding, thank you for inviting me", Fritz says.

" You're welcome sir, enjoy the day", I say as we walk down the hall and into the lounge. William and Alexandra sit on the couch sharing a kiss.

I cough, William looks up. " I'm proud of you son", I say. " We'll open the presents tomorrow, you two rest", Arthur says.

--------------------

Our two families sit at the meeting table. " This one is Kaiser Fritz", Alexandra says as she unwraps the present. " It's a crystal vase", William says as he lifts up the vase.

" That is beautiful", Sophia says after a sip of wine. " I wanted to say thank you Your Royal Majesty, this is the best day of my life", Alexandra says smiling.

" Please, call me Morgan. And you are very welcome", I say after taking a drink of tea. " Okay, we have to go brother, see you soon", Arthur says as we hug.

Sophia hugs Anna. " Love you two", I say as I wave goodbye. " I can't believe you're already seventeen", I say in disbelief. " Thank you for raising me Daddy", William says.

" It's my job. Here is your gift", I say after sliding a box down to William, he opens the box. " A key?", William says in confusion. " Your new living quarters, you two are sleeping in the same bed, right?", I ask.

William and Alexandra turn red. " Stop asking them the obvious M. Let's get to bed. Come on you two", Anna says after a giggle, she grabs Joann and Andreas' hands.

" Top floor, love you son", I say as I walk upstairs. " Get to bed", Anna says as we walk into our room. I shut the door, " I feel old", I say as I take off my blouse, pants and shoes.

" Come to bed Mr. Dinefwr", Anna says after giggling, she lies under the covers. I slip under the covers and cuddle with Anna.

" I love you Anna", I whisper. " I love you too Morgan", Anna whispers as I kiss her neck. Life is good. I'm so proud of them, they are loving adults.