2

A couple of weeks passed by. The couple texted everyday. They didn't get to see each other. You were really busy with school, having a lot of projects to do.

You walk towards your apartment building out of breath. You just came back from the gym.

Being intersex wasn't easy growing up, having hateful parents because of it, needing to move to a whole other continent. And being bullied definitely did not help with your self esteem.

So, you decided to go to the gym, working hard for the perfect body you were satisfied with and after a while, the gym became your safe space. You made new friends there and were more confident there than ever.

"Y/n!" You hear a voice yell and when you turn around, Jenna is running towards you.

"Hey?" You ask confused and give her a quick hug. Your shirt is completely drenched in sweat and you didn't want to make her dirty.

Jenna looks at your shirt "oh are you busy?" She asks as she looked at you with those innocent eyes.

"No, no. I just came back from the gym." You wave your hand in a dismissal manner. "Did we agreed to hang out or something?"

"No,  but I wanted to see you and maybe hang out". She looks up at you through her eyelashes.

You smirk and nod your head towards the apartment building. "So, you decided to come to my house to guilt trip me into hanging out with you?"

"Is it really guilt tripping?" Jenna asks as she walks next to you towards the elevator.

You press the third button and wait for the doors to close. "Well, it is since you're looking really cute and you know I can't say no to you."

Jenna blushes and looks away for a second. "So, you will hang out with me?"

"Of course! Wanna come inside?"

You open your apartment door and let her in first. You walk in and close the door behind you. "That's Rumi, my roommate".

You gesture to the girl gaming on the couch. Jenna says hello, but gets no response in return. You roll your eyes at your roommate and go to the kitchen. You prepare your protein shake. "Do you want something to drink or eat?"

"Just some water please"

You give Jenna her glass of water as you drink your shake. "Want to go to my room?"

Jenna nods and you put your glass in the sink before leading her to your room. Thankfully, you had cleaned your room before you went to the gym.

"I'm going to change real quick" You say as you grab clean clothes. You go to the bathroom and quickly change in new sweatpants, shirt and hoodie.

You walk back and see Jenna sitting on your bed. You sit down next to her.

She looks around your room. "Do you go to the gym often?", she asks you.

"Uh five times a week now. Still gotta have time to study right"

You grab your laptop and tell her she can choose. "You can choose. I don't usually watch movies or tv shows".

She scrolls through the options on Netflix while you look at her side profile. She is so beautiful. She has minimal makeup on and her freckles are on display. You didn't know she had so many, but they were so cute.

The movie starts and you lean comfortably against the headboard of your bed. It is mostly quiet, only the sound of the tv could be heard and you sometimes quietly laughing.

Jenna smiles to herself when she hears you laugh to yourself. She decides to take a risk and lays her head on your shoulder.

She can feel you tense up for just a second but then you wrap your buff arm around her shoulder. It makes her feel safe. You are really buff but are actually a big teddy bear. Those big arms wrapped around her always made her feel safe.

During the movie she can feel your eyes on her. She looks to the side and sees you eyeing her face. She looks up at you with those doe eyes. The light coming through the window hitting her face perfectly.

She sees how you were deep in thought, your eyes flickering from her eyes to her lips and then suddenly you are leaning in.

You keep looking each other in the eyes and your nose touched each other. Right before your lips could brush her lips, she pushes you away softly, by pressing her hand to your chest.
She sees the uncertainty in your eyes when she pushed you away.

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just that dating someone while being famous is really difficult and I would like to get to know you better before rushing into something. I don't want to make a big deal out of it yet, I just want to take it slow." She explains in a soft voice. She bits her lips and waits for your reaction, but your face is just relieved.

"Oh great", you sigh, "I thought you didn't want me and I had just embarrassed myself. But I haven't really done this before, so you can take the lead. I don't mind taking it slow. I don't really know you either."

The rest of the evening is spent cuddling and laughing at the dumb movie until it is time to eat. You and jenna emerge from your room and ask Rumi what she wants to eat. That's when you roommate sees the girl you brought home.

"Dude what the fuck? How come you get the girl? You didn't even know her before this!" Your roommate exclaims as she sits up on the couch.

Jenna giggled and leans against you. "Calm down bro, you have your own girlfriend."

Jenna blushes but you guys aren't together yet, but that statement made her feel wanted.

You guys order some pizza and laugh and talk until it is dark and that's when Jenna goes home but not before Rumi invites her to hang out with your friends. You walk her to the car that comes to pick her up and say goodbye with a hug and a kiss to you cheek.