Prologue

Alrighty! So I realized I never posted this here on Wattpad. Oops! Anyway, hope you guys like this new journey!

The picture is a commission I got from Lave-Ilum on Instragram! This is her in Transformers: Prime, but she looks fairly similar in this universe, plus it looks so cool I wanted to share! 

Feel free to ask any questions you all have!

God Bless and Good Day!

~The Lupine Sojourner

(Mayfly PoV)

[Cybertron]

Sometimes, I wish I could close my optics and the war would go away. I could just lay down and never have to worry about fighting again.

But then I always have to open my optics to reality.

We are at war, and until we defeat the Decepticons and reclaim our home, until all are one, I have to keep fighting.

It's just that it's virtually all I've known since the moment I came to life on the outskirts of the Well of Allsparks next to B-127. It was a long time of fear and scrounging for Energon before Optimus found us and showed us the first kindness we ever experienced from another Cybertronian, earning our eternal loyalty.

So we fight in the name of the Autobots and for Optimus, even over a millennia later.

"C'mon, Bee! Faster! We're late!" I urge, pressing my alt-form to greater speed.

"I know, I know!" B-127 grumbles back as we power toward a major battle we were losing.

I arrive kliks before B-127, returning to proto-form as I leave a ramp-like piece of debris, coming down on two 'Cons, one for each foot, shooting at others even as I fall.

I shoot the ones beneath my feet as B-127 takes down a few 'Cons himself, kicking a head of one toward a 'Con coming up behind Optimus.

"M-196 and B-127, reporting in, sir!" I automatically cover Optimus as B-127 chimes in.

"Sorry we're late. We hit a little traffic."

Before Optimus can reply, we hear Autobots calling out and turn.

There, standing boldly for all to see, are the Decepticon mad scientists themselves, Shockwave and Soundwave, directing a fresh group of 'Cons to press the attack.

"Uh, Optimus..?" Bee asks worriedly.

I reload my weapon in preparation. "Orders, sir?"

"Autobots, fall back!" Optimus orders, a hint of fear in his voice. "Get to the Tower!"

The tower is filled with escape pods, fueled and ready. It's our last hope to survive to continue the fight, but to use it would mean...

Would mean that Cybertron, our home, is lost.

Oh, Primus, who am I kidding? 'Cons have held such a vast majority of Cybertron since before I crawled out of the Well of Allsparks that perhaps this was only a matter of time.

But that doesn't mean I can't retreat without a fight.

So I lay down cover fire, bracing my feet and sniping 'Cons until Optimus says otherwise.

Soon, there's no ground to fight for, so I run for the tower, catching up with my fellow Autobots and Bee as we head up to the launch pad.

There, we all make for pods as quickly as we can.

"Cybertron has fallen." Optimus tells us when murmurs start. "Get to the escape pods. There are other Autobots scattered across the galaxy. We must reach them if we hope to survive."

I hear B-127 protest and Optimus responding, but can't make out words over the chaos.

I get to a pod and see Optimus giving B-127 orders, briefly showing him a planet as my pod comes up to prepare for launch.

I recognize it as a small planet called Earth, tucked far away in a remote galaxy that Optimus had been considering as a rendezvous point, should the pods and ships need to be used.

B-127 nods reluctantly and heads for his own pod.

I open a comm line to him as my pod closes around me. "Bee? What'd he tell you?"

"I need to scout out this planet, Earth, and establish a base so we can regroup." Bee replies glumly.

"I'll head there, too." I reach over to override the preset coordinates when Bee sighs.

"Not this time, Em. He said to go alone. I'll be fine."

"But-"

"Help Optimus, ok? He'll need all the help he can get gathering the scattered Autobots. I'll see you when you all get to Earth."

I sigh, feeling helpless as the pod leaves the atmosphere. "I just hope Prime knows what he's doing."

We'd never been apart before...at least, not like this.

I watch Cybertron and Bee's pod fade into the distance, the weight of the situation heavy on my Spark.

"Me, too."

=#=#=#=#=

"Sir!" I call worriedly, glancing over my shoulder as Optimus walks over. I try once more to re-establish the lost connection with B-127, but it was no use. The signal is dead. "Optimus, we just lost contact with B-127!"

Optimus comes up directly behind me, tall enough to easily look over my head, eyeing the readout before sighing. "Perhaps it is simply interference from the planet's atmosphere. We will have to give it time."

That would make sense, except that would've happened at the moment he entered the atmosphere, not after he'd landed and presumably made contact with the inhabitants of the planet. He'd even moved away from his crash site...

But I say none of this out loud. It's clear Optimus doesn't like this situation, but for the good of the group, he can't afford to let it get to him. I gather myself and merely nod.

After all, B-127's life signal is still active. Maybe Optimus is right and I don't need to worry. Maybe he has a good reason for losing contact.

On another monitor, a readout beeps.

"Decepticons, boss. They haven't found us yet, but they might." The mech manning the monitor reports. If I remember right, his name is Mirage. He didn't come out of the Well long before us, so he's also young.

"Optimus, a few of the other ships are nearby. Looks like one or two crashed on that nearby moon." I add reluctantly. I don't want to add to the Prime's burden. "We might be able to recover any survivors before the 'Cons find us."

"In that case, rescue must be our priority." Optimus replies. "In the meantime, M-196, continue to monitor B-127's frequency, in the event he re-establishes contact. I understand your concerns for him, but for the present, that is all we can do."

I nod, turning to the monitor to hide my growing worry. "Yessir."

Optimus doesn't need me lowering morale further right now. It was low enough after being forced to leave Cybertron and regroup in unfamiliar stars with only the hope of reuniting with B-127 on Earth to keep us going.

So I pull myself together and aid in calculating the nearest crash site's coordinates.

At the very least, I can help make sure we boost our numbers, even by a fraction.

B-127, unfortunately, is on his own, at least for the moment.