Arc 5; Irreversible bonds

"Is it done yet?" Kisei glared at the man, fresh wounds on her arms healing. The dim lights illuminated the lab as the man placed the vile of liquid down next to him.
"Possibly. We need a test subject though." She sighed, getting up from the chair.
"This is it, huh?" She referred to the drug she just picked up.
"Yes ma'am." The lab worker continued to rummage around with his material, before feeling a prick to his arm. His eyes widened in horror, looking to the woman who was injecting him with the enhanced drug.
"This really isn't personal." She pulled the needle out, watching as the mans skin decayed into a putrid grey. His eyes began to glow a bright red as he choked on the air around him. He collapsed to the floor as his transformation began.
"It seems it does work." The man began to growl, before launching himself at her.
"Stop this." She put her hand up, and at her command, the demon kneeled before her. "Don't you worry," She cupped his face. "I have plans for you."

Arc 5; Irreversible bonds
.
.
.
.
.

•=Hinokami POV=•

"Fox-kun!" Serpent called for me. I quickly made my way over to her, looking down at the street below. "Look. Do you see what's below us?" She queried, and I looked at the people below.

"I see the normal city buzz." Her brows furrowed.

"Look closer." My eyes scanned the crowd.

"A man on a business call, a child begging his parents for a new toy," My muttering paused at the sight of a suspicious looking woman. "That person. She's holding a briefcase quite close to her chest, her scent gives off panic and it looks like she's skittish. Should we question her?" Serpent nodded as the woman in question took a sharp turn down an alley.

She dropped down into the darkness of the alley way, and I quickly followed. "Hello ma'am. Would it be alright if I asked you a couple questions?" Serpent leaned against the wall, the woman turning with a look of horror on her face.

"It's you! It's the both of you! She will be furious if I was caught conspiring with you!" The woman staggered back, clutching the briefcase closer to her chest.

"Would you mind telling us what's in there?" I point to the case, to which her scent of anxiety grows worse.

"Hey. Back off Hinokami, let me handle this." Serpent put a hand up to me, making me take a step back. "It's okay ma'am. If you just help us, we can keep you safe." The woman looked wide eyed with horror, before grabbing a vile of some sort from her coat pocket.

"You'll ruin everything!" The woman lunged at Serpent, grabbing onto her arms. Just as the needle was about to make contact with Serpents arm, she kicked the lady's arm, then brought her leg down to pin the woman's arm to the floor.

The woman fell to the floor along with the case once in her arms. The vile rolled out of her hand, Serpent looming over her with a dangerous look in her eyes. "What exactly is in there?" Serpent leaned down to grab the vile.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" In less than a second, Serpent and I had vanished as cops filled the alley.

•.___.•

"Hinokami . . . you can't tell anyone about this place. Not even the Samurai's okay?" I nodded, confused by her seriousness.

She pulled out a key, unlocking the door to the small apartment. "Yushiro-san?" I gasped, the name . . . it couldn't be. "I brought someone along with me, don't say my real name."