⋆˚✿˖° 06. With You

"I love you,"

"I love you,"

There you've finally said it, you've finally given Shinichiro his answer. Even if this wasn't under the right circumstance or timeline.

The words were like honey dripping from your lips and Shinichiro couldn't stop replaying it in his head. I love you. I love you. I love you. He stared at you in a dazed manner, his lips quivering, but no words came out.

Your eyes flickered to the bike's left-wing mirror to capture Shinichiro's reaction. "Have you turned dumb?" You couldn't help but joke in order to calm your nerves as your face remained flushed, the uneasy fluttering in your stomach intensifying by the second as his silence stretched on.

Shinichiro snapped out of his daze, his eyes sparkling with affection and mischief. You love him back. After six years of chasing you, you've finally returned his feelings. He felt so high up in the clouds, drunk on your love. "Your love is making me stupid," He said, a big and goofy smile on his face. "I love you. I'm so fucking in love with you, Y/n,"

Tears threatened to spill down your cheeks, as you let his sweet sentiments embrace you. His love was making you stupid too. Why were you crying!?

Despite the countless times he's told you that he loves you, this one was special because this time you're accepting it; this time you feel the same and you've come to know how it feels to have your heart race for someone and completely fall for them. So, this was love. Racing hearts, butterfly wings, warm cheeks, heart eyes, stupid smiles and sweet nothings. It's so cosy.

"Now who's the crybaby?" Shinichiro teased, hugging you closer to him and nuzzling his face against your back. "I can see you crying, Y/n,"

"What? Am not!" You sniffed, blinking your tears away as you focused on the road ahead with intensity.

"Mirrors don't lie," he replied, nodding at the wing mirror and then smiling. "Don't worry, you're still as pretty as ever,"

You rolled your eyes but shyly smiled back at his reflection, a cute smile adorning his boyish features. He's so beautiful and all yours.

"Summer's nearly over," Shinichiro sighed, weaving his fingers through your hair as you lay on the grass next to him.

"Enjoy it while you can," you replied, concentrating on pushing the daisy stem through the slit you made with your thumbnail.

"With you next to me, I'm enjoying it to the fullest," he said, turning his head to look at you. "What are you doing?"

You dangled the intertwined daisies above his face, "Making a daisy chain,"

"I'm a pro when it comes to making daisy chains," he said, picking a daisy off the grass. "Emma taught me."

You laughed, "That's so cute,"

"Yeah, I know I am."

You shook your head in amusement, he wasn't wrong. He had such a big ego, but you loved it.