r. k.

___________

cw: mentions of abuse, alcoholism, and generally distressing material
authors note: rosemary was made for the era right after the first world war-- meaning the early 1920s. she's heavily inspired by silent film actresses and fashion models of the era, but as with all of my characters, this can be changed or altered! i also have some vague ideas for a storyline with her, but that will be discussed at the end :)

stuck between eras is rosemary kimball.
under the alias minerva, she models in pre-ww1 new york city. rosemary represents the english ideal of beauty in a time of vast change, stuck in the laces and buttons and bows of the turn of the century. however, as the curtains close on the global stage, signifying the end of ww1 and the coming of a new decade, the world is progressing. times are changing, and how long until rosemary is left behind?

___________

NOW PLAYING

ROSEMARY'S soundtrack:

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

• emotions - brenda lee
• trouble - connie converse
• roving woman - connie converse
• ribs - the crane wives
• i want you to love me - fiona apple
• under the table - fiona apple
• storms - fleetwood mac
• crop circles - odie leigh
waiting room - phoebe bridgers

___________

✧. 1 ┊ basic overview
"wild women don't get the blues"

___________

name: rosemary elaine kimball
 rosemary is a latin or english name meaning 'dew of the sea' or simply the herb. the herb symbolizes remembrance.
 elaine is a greek name meaning 'god has answered" or 'sun'.
 kimball is an english habitational surname.

nicknames: "rosemary", "rosie"
 rosemary is what she's called by anyone meeting her informally, as it is her legal name. her own mother doesn't refer to her by it anymore, instead opting for minerva.
 rosie only by those closest to her. it's a great comfort and secretly her favorite.

aliases: minerva welch
"minerva", "minnie"
✧ her performance name. only used by agents and unfamiliar faces-- she hates it, and views minerva as an entity separate from herself. she was given this name by her agent, hugo edlen, because of its ties to the roman goddess, representing war. he believed the name held an elegant strength and resolution as opposed to rosemary, which seemed far too "common".