Episode 47 & 48

Historia brought the king's tyranny finally to an end.

Dressed in her military uniform, Rhea stood alongside her fellow comrades in the roaring crowd of people as they cheered for their new ruler. She smiled to herself as she gazed upon Historia, a bright and new dawn radiating off her as the queen stared down at her subjects.

Once the crowd dispersed, Rhea and the others raced into the grand hall awaiting for certain events to transpire. Mikasa had mentioned something about Historia punching Levi after what he put her through, so naturally everyone of her friends had to bear witness.

"Are you really going to do it?" Eren questioned, as the Scouts marched down the hall, following Historia.

"Yeah. I am." She said, determination in her voice.

"Come on. It was just a joke," Eren tried to argue.

Rhea loved listening to her friends joke around and argue about something that didn't have to do with killing Titans. It was nice to see everyone have a semi-normal conversation and just be kids for a while.

"That's the spirit!" Jean added on to their discussion. "Pound that runt."

Rhea elbowed Jean in the gut. "Everyones a runt to you, you giant."

Jean scoffed before nudging Rhea to the side. She almost lost her balance when Jean wrapped his arm around her waist to steady her frame. "Well Bodt, you're a runt too. Hopefully you'll go through a growth spurt soon. Make it up to 5'6 at least?" he chuckled.

Historia gasped as the group finally landed eyes on their captain. Hesitantly, Historia walked up to Levi, preparing herself for what was to occur. Her body shook frantically before she let out a warrior's cry, racing and punching her right fist into Levi's shoulder!

Everyone, including Rhea gasped when Historia's fist made impact with Levi's arm. "Did that hurt?" Historia asked, backing away slightly. "Well I'm Queen now, so too bad! If you have a probl-"

Levi laughed. A true laugh. A true smile.

This was the first and only time Rhea has seen the Captain display such a manner. It almost made him human. "Thanks, you guys. I needed that."

Rhea leaned her head on Jean's shoulder and smiled, "I think we all did."

-

"Hey kid! Get back here!" Rhea slid on the grass planes as she chased the farmers' children around the pasture.

It had been two months since Historia was crowned Queen and already she was helping out the civilians within the walls. With the help of Captain Levi and his experience of growing up in the Underground, many lives have since been changed.

Rhea laughed as she got back to her feet and continued to chase after the giggling children.

During the time of these past two months as well, Eren had continually worked and experimented with his hardening ability as a Titan. Hange eventually managed to create a Titan weapon using Eren's ability in order to kill Titans outside the wall without having to physically go into combat with them. It was a great sense of victory for Humanity.

Finally Rhea caught up with the kids and sent them back on their way to the barn where their chores needed to be done. Wiping sweat from her brow, she glanced at her friends who were also hard at work on the farm. Some more than others it seemed. Across the pasture, Rhea could make out the figures of Eren, Armin and Jean. Granted Eren needed his rest after all those experiments, Armin and Jean were more than capable enough to complete some chores.

"Come on, Rhea!" Connie called from the house porch. "Wash up and then pack. We're heading back to Shiganshina tonight!"

"Right!"

--

"That's great! We can win!" Marlo exclaimed from across the table. Rhea sat quietly in between Jean and Armin picking away at her now cold soup. She wasn't overly excited to be anywhere near Jean. On the day Historia was crowned, sure they seemed to be alright; however, after that day the two of them kept their distance.

Ever since she rejected him, it hasn't been the same. Even if Jean said he wanted to remain friends with her, they have rarely spoken since. Rhea was of course fine in bigger groups like she was in now, but alone, her and Jean didn't acknowledge either existed. The tension could be cut with a knife.

"With weapons like that, killing Titans will be as easy as breathing!" Marlo had recently joined the Scouts and had since become friends with the rest of Rhea's group.

"You're so damn excitable." Jean muttered. "You should know better than to be this pumped about joining the Scouts."

"That reminds me," Sasha laid down her spoon for the first time this entire meal. "Didn't Hitch try to convince you to stay an MP?"

Marlo's eyes quirked up. "Wait, Hitch? How come?"

"Hot as lava but just as thick," Rhea mumbled to herself but she heard Jean chuckle. This caused a blush to creep onto her face, making her dip her head lower at the table.

"Because she's a thirsty girl, and she thinks you're a tall glass of water" Sasha explained as Rhea lifted her head up to smile at her friends. Both Connie and Sasha grinned.

"Can't say I follow, but Hitch did tell me off before, saying I wasn't cut out to be a real soldier." Marlo said, clearly not understanding his friend's feelings for him. "She told me I should 'stop acting cool' and just coast along in life. I had thought she was better than that. So I told her I was wrong about her."

Rhea's mouth hung open at his words as Jean called Marlo an 'Asshole'.

"Are you that dumb, Marlo?" Armin piled on.

"No brain under that bowl cut," Sasha added.

Rhea ran a hand through her hair before settling them on the table. "Maro, honey. When a girl says all those things to a guy, calling him names and such... it means she likes you!" Everyone nodded their heads around the table.

Marlo's eyes went wide. "What? No."

"Take Rhea for example," Connie started. Rheas eyes shot up to her friend. "When she finds out her friend was in trouble, there's nothing she wouldn't do for them. Like when Je- OUCH!"

Rhea kicked Connie in the shin as Sasha clamped her hand over her best friend's mouth. She felt Jean stiffen at Connie's words and soon bowed her head in embarrassment.

"Calm down," Eren began, shifting the focus back to Marlo. "He didn't say anything wrong."

"Well, anyway, the only people as excited as you are these new recruits with no real battle experience." Jean stated, utterly unimpressed.

"Gimme a break." Rhea glanced back at the new recruit. Floch, she thinks his name is. "Ya think you;re some kind of hardened veteran now?"

"I know I am, compared to you at least." Jean responded in full.

"That's rude." Floch and some other recruits made their way to Rhea and her friends' table. "We were in the 104th, same as you."

"Except you were all too coward to choose the Scout regiment before Hange created that weapon." Rhea raised her head to glance at the new recruits, "am I right or am I wrong?" She sneered.

She felt Armin nudge her knee with his own. "What's got up your ass, Rhea?" Floch questioned. Rhea felt anger course within her. This wasn't the place to fight, she had to remind herself. However, her knuckles were beginning to turn white from how tight she clenched her nails into her palms. Her heart was soon racing, beating a million times per second when she felt droplets of blood flow down her hands. Clenching her teeth, Rhea pushed herself back and headed for the door knowing damn well no one was following her. 

---

AOT is finally done! I was so amazed with the ending! it both scarred me and made me really happy! AHHH

what were your thoughts?

Also Thanks For Reading! COMMENT & VOTE