Capitulo 11. Shadows of betrayal

The sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in shades of orange and pink as the crew of the "Ocean Star" prepared for a journey that would change the destiny of the realms. Maria and John, alongside Captain Flack, stood on the deck, discussing the strategy to find the Tear of the Ocean, a crucial gift for the Azurites.

Under the twilight glow, Captain Flack summoned Maria and John to the deck of the "Ocean Star" to discuss the strategy for the journey to the Tear of the Ocean. The salty air was charged with anticipation. Flack, with his experienced gaze, outlined the crucial roles: Maria would partner with Celeste to chart the safe route with the magical map; John, on the other hand, would coordinate the crew and contribute to strategic decisions amid the uncertainties of the journey. The captain, with a firm voice, emphasized the importance of each task, underscoring that success depended on flawless collaboration.

Maria and Celeste delved into the task, the map spread before them like a canvas of challenges and secrets. A passionate dialogue emerged between the two sharp minds, breathing life into a heated discussion about the best route. Doubts and suggestions hung in the salty air as the outlines of dangerous islands and treacherous currents became a visual symphony. In the warm glow of oil lamps, tension and excitement marked this meeting of shrewd navigators, shaping a plan that would determine the fate of the expedition to the Tear of the Ocean.

The plotted route led the crew near an island shrouded in maritime legends and rumors. They decided to make a strategic stop to replenish supplies and prepare for the upcoming challenges. As they explored the island, the crew encountered an intriguing character at the port. A man with weathered looks and worn clothes approached the group with a confident smile. He introduced himself as Brennan, an experienced sailor eager for new adventures. His voice was convincing, and his tales of distant seas and lost treasures sparked the crew's curiosity.

John, always distrustful, frowned at the proposal to recruit a stranger mid-journey. However, Brennan enthusiastically described his skills as a navigator and combat prowess, claiming that his experience would be a valuable asset to the crew.

Captain Flack, intrigued by the prospect of having an experienced sailor, considered the proposal. Maria, captivated by Brennan's stories, supported his inclusion in the crew. Despite John's initial reservations, the combination of Brennan's seemingly valuable skills and the persuasion of his companions led to the decision to allow him to join the expedition. Unbeknownst to them, they were welcoming a wolf disguised as a sheep into their own flock.

 Unbeknownst to them, they were welcoming a wolf disguised as a sheep into their own flock

What the crew was unaware of was that Brennan was nothing more than a skilled spy sent by Melgar, the dark antagonist lurking in the shadows. Brennan, a master of deception, hid his true intentions behind the façade of an experienced sailor seeking new opportunities.

His goal was simple but dangerous: infiltrate the expedition and sabotage any attempt at success. Melgar, aware of the adventurers' plans, had devised this stratagem to undermine from within and thwart their efforts.