Chapter 1/Prologue: The World Without Hope

Long ago humanity lived in peace and harmony through many centuries passed by, creating history, great discovery, and succession for every individual, and developing new technology making living bliss, until it was covered in a dark era of humanity. Everything on Earth was destroyed when the extraterrestrial mechanical beings known as Raptures unexpectedly assaulted the planet. Many attempts to create communication between humans and raptures, but it was failed miserably. The apocalypse had come without warning. As the only remaining source of hope for humanity, the people of Earth have managed to survive the apocalyptic war against the raptures is to fight back.

To regain the morale of humanity, they created the United Force of Humanity and developed the Nikke, the weapon that can fight back the raptures but with a cost. Nikke formerly consisted of human females converting into mechanical bodies via brain transplant. When the process of turning humans into "Nikkes" first began, both males and females were eligible to apply for the transformation. However, it was later discovered that men who underwent the transplant process had much lower chances of survival than their female counterparts. Many of them died from either conversion or from the hands of ruptures.

As the devastating planet seemed to offer no hope for survival, humans devised a plan to escape to space in search of temporary far from the bloodshed. However, their efforts failed, forcing them to seek shelter in an underground city known as ARK. While some were fortunate enough to enter a place in the ARK, others were left stranded beyond the Outer Rim, creating a massive wall to separate humans and Nikkes due to lies, arrogance, and greed the same as the humans. They seemed to have forgotten their purpose for fighting and ended up causing harm to each other and some are skeptical about returning to the livid surface, fearing the consequences of their past actions.

1 year later, after the Attack on the Lift
Location: Outskirts from the destroyed city.

A cloaked person walks through the dusted wind from the storm, wandering the surface without a map or compass. Aimlessly direction from his steps, hopefully, to find water for a drink. It had been struggling for weeks to find water. They had managed to stay alive by scavenging what little food they could find in the ruins of the city. But even that was beginning to run out. It was only a matter of time before they would have to take drastic measures. Broken and abandoned mechas lay scattered about like forgotten relics.

Their once-formidable frames were twisted and torn, their circuitry exposed, a haunting reminder of the devastation wrought upon the city. The twisted wreckage of tanks and armored vehicles spoke of intense urban combat, each heap of metal a silent testament to the fury of the conflict and the remains of Ruptures, Nikkes, or Humans for hours as he walked, the sounds of the city's agony gnawed at his soul. The howling wind seemed to carry the whispers of the dead, their cries lost forever in the unforgiving silence. The emptiness that hung in the air was more chilling than any physical threat. It was a void filled with shattered dreams and broken promises until he found the oasis from afar. Rejoice he feels as he reaches the water source and hurriedly fills his canteen to drink, even if it is not sure if safe. Saltiness reaches down to his throat ending his quenching thirst nonetheless it was worth that he has survived for many days.

As the winds of the storm began to dissipate, the sky slowly cleared, and the light from the sun emerged. The air was filled with the scent of fresh earth as the dust settled. The lone wanderer, who had been walking through the ruins, took the opportunity to remove his cloak, revealing himself to be a young person in their early teens, with black hair that flowed down to his neck.

He paused for a moment to catch his breath, his eyes scanning his surroundings. The ruins were desolate and abandoned, with only the sound of the wind rustling through the empty buildings. As he took a moment to rest, he reached for his necklace, a lily-shaped pendant that had been given to him by a dear friend in the past. He held the necklace tightly in his hand, feeling its weight and texture. The memory of his friend flooded his mind, and he remembered the promise he had made to her, yet he never knew about her, her face, or the memories they created; only he remembered her name and her last farewell. In a world that was often cruel, he would always look toward the future and never dwell on the past. With this promise in his heart, he took a deep breath and continued his journey through the ruins, ready to face whatever lay ahead.

Armor Trooper: GenesisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara