Chapter 3: Getting to know better

Camelus
Hazel POV

As we walked through the hallway, Reiner Emil, in his late teens dressed in a red pilot suit, looked at me with his navy-blue hair and remained quiet until we reached the bridge. I was curious about him and the AT he piloted. All I could recall was seeing the bright light from the wings as he flew in as fast as he could until I heard his chuckle.

Reiner: "I'm quite impressed to pilot your Zero for the first time without hindrance, disregarding mind exhaustion."

He complimented me with an impressive smirk on his face.

Hazel: "Maybe my instinct led me, yet before I was in a life and death situation, I discovered it naturally like I was as the mech's body but not for long until I was blacked out before that rapture ended me. By the way, thank you."

Reiner: "Nah, no problem kid, I swear that I can help others in need no matter what it costs... But you know, where brothers in arms, you not just belong to my squadron, our squadron."

I give him a nod, but sometimes I feel nervous about everyone here not as the strangers, but their ranks and their duties...

Hazel: "How does everyone expect me here?"

Reiner: "They are good people Hazel trust me, If you gave them time you got more acquaintance together."

I'm timid when meeting new people. Maybe I can make an effort to get to know them better.

Reiner: "Don't worry kid I just accepted a captain's order to create our squadron but, first thing first, you need to meet the others on the bridge."

Hazel: "Hai."

Despite my best efforts to improve myself and to meet with those who rescued me, I still feel hesitant in their presence. Even though I'm determined to overcome my shyness, it's proving to be a formidable obstacle.

We walked for a few minutes until we reached our destination, and that's when Reiner made his presence known. He clicked both of his heels and saluted the captain who was seated in the center of the bridge, surrounded by unfamiliar people. Heinrick Caswick, or the captain, turned to greet him.

Heinrick: "At ease."

We've entered the room when the others gaze upon me like suspicious guests but I can't blame them due to being their new person until one person breaks the silence.

J.J: "All right everyone, enough gazing a poor kid."

As she strides towards us, I can't help but notice her striking appearance. Her hair is a light grey color, fashioned in a short ponytail that reaches just below her neck. Her eyes are a mesmerizing blend of red and orange, reminiscent of a cayenne rose in full bloom. Her demeanor exudes an older sister vibe, making me feel instantly at ease. As she approaches, she flashes me a warm smile, which helps to calm my nerves.

J.J: "My name is Juliet Jules or J.J for short and I'm the helm operator of Camelus."

Hazel: "uhm... Thank you..."

I said it slightly quietly...

Lucas: "Calm down, we were just surprised you survived for many days. My name is Lucas Emil, the main gunner operator of Camelus."

As I turned my head, I caught a glimpse of Lucas walking towards me. He was dressed in a sleek, leather coat that resembled a military uniform, complete with a bold, printed insignia of GDUA on the back. His short, crimson hair had been neatly styled into a sharp, military cut, adding a touch of boldness to his overall appearance due to his red eyes.

Einrita: "It's important to make our new acquaintance feel at ease. My name is Einrita Alexandria, the executive officer, it's a pleasure to meet you, Hazel."