four

Sophi woke up a few days later feeling a little more well rested than she had when she'd woken up from that night out in Bahrain. She and Robert had landed back home all safe, talking about the race for hours and hours, most definitely annoying their fellow passengers.

It was straight back to work for them, taking their places back around the zoo and going about their usual tasks in caring for the animals and doing the odd show or two. That was how Sophi found herself sat in her apartment living room, staring at the letter that had just floated through her letterbox while Friends buzzed on her television.

She never got post, apart from the constant flow of packages (she always liked to have something coming for her, it was like Christmas when she opened them) and so the letter was most certainly out of place.

The girl sighed and moved from her comfortable position and placed her mug of tea on the coffee table. She made her way to the 'Welcome' mat that the letter sat on and picked it up, immediately noticing how the printed address was odd.

Dear Sophi,

Please consider this your formal invitation to the 2023 Saudi Arabia Grand Prix, commencing on the 17th of March and concluding on the 19th of March.

Find enclosed your personal Team Lanyard to grant access to the paddock and garages, as well as pre-paid flight tickets for the 15th of March.

A team member will be awaiting your arrival to take you to the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you in our garage.

Team McLaren 

Written in thick pen under the signature was another message.

We'd really love you to come :) - Lando and Oscar

"Oh fuck." Sophi whispered as she pulled out the orange lanyard, looking at her name that was printed in orange lettering on the front with a large VIP in orange taking up most of the pass. She immediately picked up her phone and FaceTimed Robert.

"Sophi-"

"Shut up, look." She held the pass up to the camera, Robert's jaw dropping in shock. "McLaren invited me to the next Grand Prix."

"You have to go."

"There's only one pass Rob, I don't know anything about F1 and you do. I'll drop it and the plane tickets round at Mum's tomorrow for you."

"Oh, don't you dare." Her little brother death glared his sister. "You're going. And that's final." He shifted the phone to show his girlfriend lying on the best beside him.

"Girl I wouldn't say no." Rorie laughed. "He looks ready to push you on that plane himself."

"Speaking of...what happened at that club?!"

"What?" Sophi shifted to sit cross legged on the sofa. "What do you mean?"

"This!" Robert took Rorie's phone and showed the screen to Sophi, said screen showing a slightly blurry picture of a couple kissing in a club. The girl leaned closer to her phone, squinting slightly to make out the couple. The boy was in dark jeans and wore a white button down shirt and was holding onto the girl he was kissing like she was his lifeline.

The girl, meanwhile, wore jeans and an orange butterfly top.

Oh God.

It was her and Oscar.

"Fuck." She flopped back in absolute disbelief. "Fuck me gently with a chainsaw."

"I was wondering why Oscar told me you got back okay." Robert said with a teasing tone. "Would you do it again?"