Chapter 1 - The Curse Known as Music...

"We don't need a child...that's as useless as you!"

Those words echo from her mouth, freshly into my mind...

"What a useless child, honey, are we sure that's our child?"

Shut it you useless old man...

"We don't need-"

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I turn off the alarm clock and look up at the ceiling.

Sitting up, I look at a poster I set up on the wall, it was a purple dragon with a ninja motif.

"Morning, Shiranui..."

I said, giving a small smile to the poster as I stood up and stretched a bit.

Walking to the bathroom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth before going to the kitchen and making some breakfast.

Since I live away from my family, I find it easy to do things on my own.

Sitting down, I turn on the television and funny enough, I see my face on it.

"Excuse me, Tamade-san!"

The reporter called out to me as I sipped coffee on my table.

"Just call me Yukiko, what is it?"

I replied, so I'm really a bit hostile, I blame the reporter.

"In regards to the next Vanguard Regional Qualifiers, will you be participating to represent "Shining Stars"?"

He asked me.

"About that...not sure, if they want me to, then I'll go, that's that."

I replied,  walking away as they tried to chase me.

I turned off the television and moved my plates to the sink as I started washing them.

So annoying...

After a shower, I put on my uniform, a white long-sleeved button down and red tie, with a purple suit jacket with slacks, and the usual brown shoes. I fix my blue hair and look at the mirror with my gold colored eyes.

This body of mine...I will forever curse it...

Walking to my school, Tokyo Metropolitan Harumi's High School division, I make my way to my classroom, class 3-A. Looking around, everyone seems to be staring at me.

Must have been from the interview...

"Tamade-senpai!"

A certain annoying swirly head called out to me.

"I told you not to call me that, Shindou-san."

I replied, slightly annoyed, that's twice today I had to hear that name.

"Oh, sorry. Akatsuki-san, I saw your interview, are you going to fight in the qualifiers?"

He asked me.

"Don't know, don't care."

I said, walking away as I made it to my classroom and sat on my desk.

After class, I simply packed my things and walked to my shoe locker giving a tired yawn.

"Akatsuki-senpai, let's go to capital together."

He invited me. There's no harm in this...

"Sure, let's stop by Nishi Bakery, I want some croquettes first. We can get some for Shin-san."

I said, still looking as serious as ever.

"It doesn't hurt to smile sometimes, you know."

He said.