Chapter Eight: Summer and Hunting

The first three weeks of summer were spent as a family, and we went to the States to visit all the magical and muggle sites.
I met a few different students from different schools in the States.
Myself, Lily and Petunia got to speak to them and mentioned they had a summer school for Squibs or Minimal Magic users (MMU)as the States had been calling them.
Petunia was on that like a house on fire. She got the details to sign herself up for next year, and we all supported her.
She actually met another MMU, a guy named Terrance. He was African American  and completely infatuated with Petunia, followed her around like a puppy, much to our fathers annoyance.
Lily had actually said she recruited on holiday at least ten people to join our cause and gave them an assignment to recruit more.
I laughed and said at this rate I might rule the world, I said this as a joke mind you but she said we were creating a new world, so we needed a wide variety of people and magical creatures to keep everyone going.
Apparently, Alice and Frank had started a Herbology collection so we could plant magical plants.
When we returned, I had several letters  and noticed one from Lestrange inviting me to a ball near the end of the year, then another from Lucius informing me he has the item I needed.
I saw a letter from James asking about my summer and the same from Regulas  then my usual letters from Barty and Pandora but I saw another but it looked more worn, when I opened it I saw it was from a first and will be second year Ravenclaw for help.
Let's just say the house they lived in was burnt down, and the first year in question took an inheritance test and is now under the protection of House Rosier.
The Lord Evan Rosier seemed thankful for more family and I don't think the little boy ever looked so relieved when I said I would visit, no one could say I didn't take care of the hatchling.

I spent time with my sisters and Severus over a few weeks but i spent three nights with Pandora and during this we met with Barty, Bellaxtrix and Lucius as they were both older and knew more, we went Horcruxe hunting.
It was as horrible as it felt and looked. They fought to not be removed from their place, and the group were disgusted thst he used Hogwart items to  it.
I had made a deal with the Goblins to have some of the items saved and cleaned and gave them the other Goblin made items we found in the RoR , they were happy to make such a deal and now I was wearing the second Hollow.

We replaced all the items with fake ones with a bit of magic coming from it, we knew it would only fool him for so long, but it would give us enough time.
I had to train to beat Dumbledore so I could get the wand and replace James Cloak. I did not want someone to kill for these items anymore, I intended to put their magic in myself so that when I died, they would go with me and no longer cause pain that they do.

We spent the next day a few days recovering before heading back to our homes with a fake diary for Lucius to keep his father at bay.
Goblins informed me that he would not feel the destruction of his Horcruxes as he would be too far gone to truly understand what he was doing anymore and that was sad because Tom Riddle was a brilliant boy but I had hold off because I had to try but I would be come what I needed to stop him.

As the  Lestrange Ball approached, I decided to go with deep purple this year that made my skin look flawless with small kitten heels and my hair in a loose bun with lilac flowers in it.

I met up with Barty as he would be attending with his parents, I greeted them with a smile, and his face sniffed at me, but his mother was warm and welcoming. She was brilliant and I knew she and Barty deserved better, I could tell he wanted to hex is his father for how he spoke to me but I patted his shoulder and shared my head 'not yet' I indicated.

We apprated to the Lestrange Manor, we walked in and were greeted by a well dressed house elf thst showed us the way and when we announced please stopped to look our way and I can feel people looking at me while I was holding Bartys arm, I just looked at people and smiled at them, I could hear some intact of breath at that.
We came to the bottom of the stairs i saw Lord and Lady Lestrange along with Heir Rudolphus Lestrange and Mr Rabastan Lestrange, they all had blank expressions but their eyes gave them away, Lord Lestrange looked inpressed with my look, Lady Lestrange seemed curious about me, Ruldophus seemd intrigued and Rabastan had a look of awe and admiration.

"Welcome to our home."

"Thank you for having us amx our guest."

The way Barty snr seemed to sneer at the word guest, but just as he was about to talk, he found thst he couldn't.
Lord Lestrange was looking at me, and I returned it with a smirk.

"Please enjoy."

"Why don't you both enjoy yourselves."

"Thank you, Mrs Crouch."

I walked off with Barty and found Lucius, Bellaxtrix, and Narcissa talking,
I had not had much chance to talk to the younger Slytherin, but she was a great conversationalist and was more cunning than in the books and fanfiction.
Regulus and Sirus joined us shortly after then the Prewett twins who were whining about their sister Molly who seemed from their description a selfish person who wanted everything o  a platter, she is revered Dumbledore and we all shook our heads at that.
During the party, I saw Orion Black, but not Walburga and Regulus informed us that she was to take some time away from England.
When everyone started dancing, Barty led me in a dance, and then just as we were about to go again, he twisted me into anothers arms and saw Rabastan.

"Hello, my lady."

"Hello Rabastan,"

I said with a small smile, which he returned  while we danced around the room before he spun me, and I was in his brothers arms.

"You seem to have my brother very enamoured."

"I hadn't realised,"

"What is it about you? Can't just be your beauty."

I looked at him and released some of my magic with my smile still in place, and he missed a step before rearranging himself with a blank look, but you could see his eyes widen when looking at me.

"I see."

"I also share his like for mischief."

He groaned at that but chuckled, we spoke as we danced before he passed me to Lucius who really did just talk about himself but I just gave him a kind smile and nodded along before he lead me off the floor so I could get a drink.
Once I sat down for a little, Regulus came up to me and seemed so nervous but invited me to dance, we had a lovely dance, and he made me smile.
It was a great time, and I really enjoyed myself, I was dropped off home and told my family about it the next day.
They were all laughing and teasing about all the boys that seemed to have an interest in me, and I returned it with them, but they just kept laughing.

The rest of the summer was full of reading all the books I got from the RoR room with my sisters while still going out.
When we got our results, I was pleased to get first place in some or joint first place with Lily in others with our Double Os.

Now our third year was coming, and I couldn't wait to take Runes.