12 | But this could lead to SOCIETAL BREAKDOWN!

Stormcaller:

"EXCUSE ME, COMING THROUGH!"

Stormcaller's heart pounded in his chest as he approached the entrance to the Silver Winglet cave, barging through a flurry of dragons in his path. He knew he had to warn them, even if they thought he was crazy. Not doing so could mean death! Or worse, SOCIETAL BREAKDOWN!

Taking a deep breath, he pushed open the heavy stone door and stepped inside, waving his wings in alarm.

Inside the cave, Kaioa, Firefly, and Ghostberry were huddled together, engaged in a lively conversation about crushes. Ghostberry watched with amusement, occasionally rolling their eyes at the awkwardness of it all. Stormcaller couldn't help but laugh at the sight, even as his urgency threatened to consume him.

"LISTEN!" Stormcaller called out, his voice slightly breathless. "I need to talk to you."

The trio jumped out of their positions, startled by his sudden appearance.

"What's g-g-going on?!" Kaioa, the pretty red one, exclaimed.

Ghostberry looked up, their eyes widening in surprise. "Stormcaller? What are you doing here?"

"I...I have something important to tell you," Stormcaller stammered, his gaze darting nervously around the cave. "Seafoam and Mahogany...they've left for the Sea Kingdom."

The three dragons exchanged confused glances. "What? How do you know?" Firefly asked, her voice laced with skepticism.

Stormcaller's eyes flickered with a mix of fear and determination. "The rain told me," he blurted out, unable to contain the truth any longer.

Excuuuuuuseeeee meeeeee, YOUUUUUU said you WEREN'T going to tell themmmmmmmmm

Came the pitter patter of the rain from outside the cave.

"Well, PLANS HAVE CHANGED, droplets, PLANS. HAVE. CHANGED."

"Um -" came Kaioa's stutter, but it was cut off by another bout of rain - that only he could hear.

Yes but they'll all think you're weiiirrrdddddddddd and insaaaaaannnneeeeeeee!

"They will NOT think I am mad!" Stormcaller declared.

"We definitely do." Firefly added with an irritated glare.

Kaioa's eyes widened even further, her scales shimmering with a mix of awe and disbelief. "W-wait a second...y-you...you can h-hear the rain?"

Stormcaller nodded, his wings twitching anxiously. "Wellllllll yessssssss, I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. The rain, the wind, the thunder...they speak to me. And they told me that Seafoam and Mahogany have left."

Firefly crossed her arms, her expression skeptical. "And why should we believe you?"

Yeahhhhh, Stormcallerrrrrr?

"Shut up, you." He grumbled.

"Excuse me?" Firefly scowled.

"No, not YOU, the RAIN."

To that, Firefly rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm waiting to hear why we should do something?"

Stormcaller's heart sank, but he refused to back down. "Honestly -"

"He has no fricking clue." Ghostberry finished with an amused grin.

"I'm getting a BAD FEELING from them!" Stormcaller protested.

Kaioa hesitated, her gaze shifting between Stormcaller and her friends. "I...I don't know. It sounds d-dangerous."

Firefly stepped forward, her voice firm. "Well, we can't just sit here and do nothing. Let's go after them, and I'll come along to protect everyone."