ℑ𝔫𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔡𝔲𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

Writing a compelling story is no easy feat. It takes considerable time, especially when deciding how to commence a tale, particularly the choice of the opening sentence. Lev Tolstoy achieved this masterfully in 'Anna Karenina,' as did Donna Tartt in 'The Secret History.' As the narrator of this chronicle, I find myself wavering between various potential beginnings.

Should we embark on a three-century tale of an otherworldly girl on the brink of ending her life? Or perhaps sow the narrative seeds from the unfortunate events befalling the Baudelaire heir? Alternatively, we could start in the modern world, where the enigmatic Cullen family resides in the peculiar town of Forks, their actions inadvertently altering someone's life, for better or worse. That, dear reader, is for you to decide.

I am here to relay a story, not to offer my opinion. In my belief, the most effective approach would be to begin with all of them. Three different centuries, three disparate situations, and three divergent life choices converging at one moment: the time Mathilde Baudelaire seized the night.

......

𝐈𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐲,

𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞, 𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲.

𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞,

𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐞.

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐦, 𝐬𝐞𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐭,

𝐁𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫, 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.

𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐧,

𝐀 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡, 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐮𝐧.

......