where we begin

if my life was a poem, i'd have slurred sloppy words
making a mess of the page. ink blotted tears
and bloody knuckles. not quite making sense of any pretty prose or rage
that i cannot see. cannot do anything but feel.
thankfully, my loverboy is here to put me to rest.
he says, that unconditional love is a constant test and im doing so gracefully.

his transgressions are the same as mine, and he doesn't veer from telling me so. he has the same mistakes, and viewpoint as me. and
i'd like to stay a while, if that's okay? he speaks of my misery and shines a light on it. like my sun sold words are fading within his rhymes. and, i'd like to see where we end and as we mix in.
sweet boy who sends me letters about how i'm his repairman; how my gears fit. but, i've never been quite good at fixing anything. just relishing in the broken down memories. and, he is a symphony of bad rock music and seething melodies. and i want him here next to me.

he worries about the past presenting on us. how our trauma inflicts into habitual pain. i don't mind being there when he's sick. i worry about the same trying times. he makes my stomach tie, and i bet he's good at unfurling knots with his teeth. my secret admirer shows me feelings i've never seen. he gives me a heartbeat. i hope we stay this happy.

he's angel wings, and im just the bruises on his knees.

from,
your flower, el lillie <3