five

"So, you really love him, huh?"

Feraye tenses, stands still with her back to Yaman. He comes closer, but she moves away from his touch before he gets a chance to lay a hand on her. "What?"

"My brother," he says, "you love him, don't you, Feraye?"

Her heart stutters in her chest. "It's none of your business," she tells him, then moves past him and into the house.

"You should enjoy it while it lasts," he calls out to her, and she can hear the smile in his voice. "Becsuse, Feraye?" He waits until she turns to face him, smirking at her with a darkness in his eyes that truly scares her, "it's not gonna last very long."

With those last words, he walks away, leaving her terrified.
.
Gulfem tells her Ateş doesn't really celebrate his birthday, but Feraye wants to make it special for him anyway. With Hazal's help, she finds restaurant, rents it out for the party and is actually proud of herself for managing to do it in such a short span of time.

That night, she wears the red dress he bought her on the night they announced her pregnancy, the one she didn't wear because she'd been too uncomfortable to wear sunch an extravagant dress. But now, she wears it proudly.

Ateş knocks on the door before he enters, and she smiles automatically at the sight of him. He's wearing the usual, an all black ensemble that somehow doesn't get old. Her smile widens when his eyes slowly drag over her body, taking her in, and blushes when she sees the desire in his eyes. "Ay ışığı," he murmurs, walking closer, "you look beautiful."

She smiles and ducks her head down, but he doesn't let her, lifts her head up until her eyes meet his. "May I ask what the special occasion is?"

She frowns. "You can't think of a reason to celebrate today?"

He shrugs. "I-" he stops, purses his lips, and closes his eyes. "Feraye," he sighs.

She rolls her eyes. "Ateş," she says softly, holding onto both his hands. "It's your birthday! We can't not celebrate."

He scrunches his nose. "I just- I don't see what the big deal is," he explains, loosening his tie and sitting down on the bed.

"33 years ago, the kindest, most loyal, and most generous man I know was born, and I think that's something that deserves a celebration."

He huffs out a laugh. "Thank you."

"Will you please go change and let me take you out to dinner?"

He hesitates.

"Look, I know things are rocky between you and- well, everyone in the family, but Ateş, no matter what, they love you, and they want to share this with you."

He looks away from her, then down at his hands. She doesn't rush him, but she does sit beside him, watching him as he mulls it over.

Eventually, he nods. "Okay."

She grins and wraps her arms around him, hugging him tightly. He hugs her back just as tightly, smiling down at her when she pulls away. There's a moment, when their faces are so close she can feel his breath on her cheek, and she thinks they're about to kiss. Surprisingly, it doesn't make her nervous, or guilty- instead, all she feels is anticipation. But then, he blinks, and pulls away, and the moment is broken.