𝚁𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚕

Hi, I'm Sekani Navarro. I'm 16 years old and I live in Bedford-Stuyvesant. I just started attending Brooklyn Visions, since I got booted from my old school and my father had his friend put in a good word for me so that I could get into the Academy.

Sometimes, I wish I could have stayed at my old school. Other times, I remember that my boyfriend still goes to Brooklyn Visions. His name is Sayeed, and he's the finest nigga I know.

Anyway, I snapped back to reality. I gathered my thoughts and picked up my courage, entering the school in a slow but sure manner. Thinking about it now, a lot of my friends attended Brooklyn Visions, so I should have been okay, right? Wrong.

I walked along the halls, seeing no familiar faces so far. Then again this had to have been the biggest school I had ever been in, and that's saying a lot. Eventually, I got sick of searching, but just my luck I bumped into some dickhead.

"What the fuckk.." he muttered under his breath, turning around as though he was the one who should have been irritated.

"Watch where the fuck you goin'...Ion got time for no little ass girls to be bitchin' and complainin' about how I was 'soooo rude to them' so fuck off."

"Excuse you? Nigga I was about to ask yo' bitch ass for help finding my way. Juro que estas perras nunca saben cómo actuar." I snapped back, rolling my eyes. I didn't know who he thought he was talking to me crazy.

"Lo siento, no sabía que hablabas español, mami. What did you need?" He told me, smiling as if he just stole candy from a baby. Just cause he looked like he would.

"Ignoring that extra comment...I needed help getting around the school but if you can't keep it in yo' pants I can find my way until I find my man." I shot him the meanest mean mug you could think of.

"I was kidding. But...Yo man, as in someone actually puts up with yo bullshit?" he questioned, looking me up and down.

"My bullshit?! You should not be talking about bullshit I will show you bullshit bitch. I could show the principal my bullshit too." I said turning around, just for him to grab my arm.

"Woah woah woah, okay let me see yo schedule so I can help you out. You threatenin' niggas and it ain't good for business." he said, holding his hand out as I skimmed through my bookbag. Once I found the schedule I handed it to him, since I didn't need any more problems than I was probably going to give myself.

"Okay, so from what I can see here you got most of yo' classes wimme. I'm talkin' like...5 outta 9."

"Ight...so?" I shrugged at him.

"So...you can walk with me to some of them."

"No thanks, I can work my way through."

"You was just about to ask for my help, no?"

"Maybe...I can walk for a little." I nodded.

"Aight then."

🐍🐍

"Mr. Morales, you're late as always. But I see you brought a guest." The teacher said nonchalantly.

"I'm Sekani Navarro, I'm new here." I nodded.

"Okay, Sekani. Sit by Miles since you seem to be getting acquainted already." She spoke as Miles pulled me over to the desks we sat at.

The first thing I noticed in that damn classroom was Sayeed watching from right behind us. Glaring at Miles, which couldn't be helped.

"Not his damn acquaintance..." I muttered when I finally sat down.

"Not my acquaintance? Sayeed seem to think differently." Miles nodded over to the boy in question.