004

third person pov.

THE WEEKEND, four girls, two boys, and a couple of bottles of vodka.

The friend group has just gathered an hour before the party for pregame and were vibing to a certain blond's playlist—mostly looping the same six PARTYNEXTDOOR songs.

The three youngest, Bo, Soyeon, and Dokja, are rummaging through the third's  closet to find a suitable outfit for the party, while Bunny and Jia are taking shots and Aki silently watches from the floor while munching on some Salt & Vinegar chips.

It's a common enough occurrence to meet up at her place before parties and relax, but today especially they are all jittery—all for different reasons.

For Dokja it would be her last party before she started university. Her parents went to visit her grandparents out of town, so she has the whole mansion to herself for two days. She loves parties. It's the only way she can hang out with strangers her age without feeling judged, and especially because nobody knows or cares who she is at these parties.

And for others, they simply love getting drunk.

Bo runs a hand through his bleached hair and points at a dress at the far back of the closet. "That one. Definitely. Hundred percent."

Soyeon pulls it out and nods in agreement. "Hell yeah."

Dokja heads to the bathroom and quickly slips on the black silk dress with an open back. It's different from her usual style, but she thinks she pulls it off well enough.

"You look hot," Soyeon says with a wink, pulling out her phone. "Let's take pictures. We need to celebrate."

Dokja laughs and places her head on Soyeon's shoulder, while Bunny and Bo stand behind them and make a heart with their arms. Aki takes the phone since he's the tallest, and Jia squeezes herself in front of them and crouches a little.

After taking a bunch of photos with different poses, Aki hands the phone back to Soyeon and she looks through them all before posting the first one to her instagram story with the caption "party @ dokjas tonight".

The group lounge around for some more. The atmosphere is a little awkward, especially after the small fight with Jia, but Dokja doesn't bring it up and decides to put it behind them. She hates drama, and the mere thought of getting into fights uneases her a little.

The doorbell rings several times within five seconds, signaling the start of the party. Dokja locks all the bedroom doors before hopping down the stairs and running to the outer door. As she opens the door, she comes face to face with Bo's friends.

Dokja has already done some stalking before, and they are definitely some familiar faces she glimpsed from previous parties, but she didn't think they looked that good in real life. Majestic, dare she say.

They are both dressed really well, too. Taerae is wearing a loosely buttoned blue dress shirt with white jeans, while Matthew wears a tight grey tee with dark jeans. and boy does he have a . . . big heart.

"Dokja, stop drooling." Bo laughs, opening the door wide for his friends.

She glares at him before clearing her throat and stepping to the side to let them all in.

She hadn't seen them before, but but they brought some friends—no, a lot of friends. Besides the group of maybe ten people behind Matthew and Taerae, cars are already lining up the street.

Dokja's house has become a popular spot for parties, since it's a smaller mansion in the middle of the city with only one neighbor to disturb and almost nothing to destroy. It's an empty shell, and the only semblance of a home is the portrait of her family near the entrance.