21.Immoral Rumors

"Miss, it is late. You should rest." Nayeon walked next to Krystal and whispered, "If Mistress knows that you slept late, she will feel pain."

"I know. Do not tell Mother." Krystal put down the pen in her hand. She looked at what she had written on the paper and frowned slightly.

She had heard His Majesty was especially close to Marquis Kim because he liked calligraphy. She had coincidentally seen County Mistress Kim's writing previously. Her present calligraphy could not compare to the county mistress'. How could she amaze His Majesty?

County Mistress Kim was more than two years younger than her, but her calligraphy was full of spirit and delicate style. But her calligraphy was too regular and not stylistic enough.

People all said the Jung Family was extremely noble and cared the most about etiquette. But she knew that their third branch was much weaker than the first and second branches. Otherwise, they would not have been forced to move out by the second branch.

The new home was bright and refined, but its location could not compare to the previous residence. In a place like Jing, one's status was not just based on the size of the place, but also on the location. The third branch, on this point, was not enough.

"Nayeon, what do you think of County Mistress Kim?" Krystal pulled out a pearl hairpin from her hair and suddenly asked.

"This servant is fortunate to have seen an important person like County Mistress Kim through serving by Miss's side, but this servant cannot know the other's character." Nayeon softly rubbed Krystal's head for her. "But she appears to be an easy-going person."

"Easy-going?" Krystal thought back to the Lisa she met a few days ago. The other had never been angry and wasn't close to any of the aristocratic misses in Seoul, but no one had ever said bad things about her.

Even the misses of the Lee and Jung families could not avoid gossip behind their backs. When the other misses mentioned Lisa, this girl that was relatively attention-catching in Seoul, most people would praise her. Even though they were skimpy on compliments, they would not say bad things. It would not be easy to accomplish something like this

Maybe there really were this kind of people in the world, born with an innate approachability. They would obtain without even fighting something that others struggled to get.

"Go sleep as well." Krystal sighed and rubbed her forehead. She stood and walked towards her bed. "A few days ago, the manor sent over some fresh prawns and crabs. Tomorrow morning, I will write a note. Have someone take the note along with the shrimp and crabs to County Mistress Kim."

Nayeon stilled slightly and then immediately nodded in acknowledgement.

##

When Lisa received Krystal's note, she was slightly surprised. She was even more surprised when she heard the other had given her a basket of shrimps and crabs.

Spring was not a good season for crabs. Had Krystal sent over a basket because she really could not eat it all and wanted someone to share the burden?

Or rather, the news she liked seafood had already spread?

But whose preferences was this Third Miss Jung more concerned about—hers or... the young emperor's?

She and Krystal had almost no friendship to speak of. In terms of relationships with the misses of the Jung Family, she only talked to Jessica. The others were just acquaintances.

"This Third Miss Jung is interesting," Jennie said wryly, sitting next to Lisa. "Sister, do you have anything suitable as a return gift? If not, I have some mountain produce you can give to her in return."