Chapter 15

Sophie ignored Edaline's calls. She ignored her friends. Fitz didn't get back to her. But that didn't matter.

Ar school, she studied hard and ignored the whispering. On the weekends, she locked her room and just layers there, thinking about everything.

She did that for a month and she noticed that she was getting bigger. She was 6 weeks pregnant. She would ask if elf pregnancy is different from human pregnancy but she didn't want to talk to anyone. So, she just did what you'd do as a human. Except she didn't go to doctor appointments.

Finally when she was almost two months pregnant, she heard knocking on her door. Sophie didn't say anything. The person tried getting in, but her door was locked. "Sophie, let me in," a deep, accented voice said. She knew it was Fitz. It could be someone mimicking, but she wouldn't care if she saw Keefe, who is the only person that can mimic and knows where her dorm is. She unlocked the door and Fitz enveloped her in a hug. She sighed. She had missed human contact. "Sophie, Edaline told me." Fitz said. She sighed again. "And she's worried about you. You aren't answering her calls."

"Well, Fitz. What am I supposed to say. 'Hey, mom. I'm a pregnant 17 year old elf and I don't know who the father of my baby is. Hug me and support me because I was bad.'?"

Fitz answered softly,"No. But you could ask for support and hugs. I heard you sigh when I hugged you. Even though you don't know the father and are 17, you can still be a great mother," he said, getting louder. "If you don't want help, then I am sorry. But now is not the time to lock yourself away from everyone."

By the way, I think you should pick the father, he transmitted. Sophie didn't think he was thinking about that anymore. And she thought she should just stay single and raise the baby by herself. But this was new, so maybe she needed help. "But what if I don't do anything right? Because I don't know anything about this. What am I going to do?" She was crying now.

"I don't know Sophie, but I am here for you, always." Fitz said. And we still have this. Sophie nodded and he hugged her again. "Want me to stay here?" He asked. She nodded again. He snuggled under the covers and she crawled under, laying next to him.

Maybe this whole thing will be alright. Especially with help from people that are close to her.