Chapter 1 - The Conversation That Started it All

Disappointment. That's a feeling that Thomas Doramus knows all too well. Ever since he was five, when his power level was found to be at 1/10th of what it should've been, and his forms were—and still are—refusing to share their power with him.

He was diagnosed as a weak Primian—and how cruel is it that such a thing is treated like a disease—only cemented when his strength didn't grow at the same rate as his peers.

But even more than that, he felt hopelessness. Growing up as one of the most promising species on Earth, a Primian, and not having supreme power was going to bring that about, specially since he was always talking about getting stronger and becoming the Alpha one day. Whether Thomas liked it or not was irrelevant.

He absolutely hates it. Having his whole life be decided by a stupid number on a screen, as if there weren't more ways to fight someone than by simply overpowering them. But, of course, nobody else saw it like that.

All those that he'd called friends all abandoned him, and his once best friend started bullying him and beating on him everyday. He said that it would, "make him stronger", but even back then, Thomas knew that was bullshit. All of this culminated in Xainti telling him to jump off the roof and hope to be stronger in his next life.

This, coupled with his idol—Gaia the Gojira—telling him that someone with low battle power could never be Alpha, nearly broke his spirit. But when he saved Xainti from an attack that same day, Gaia saw his determination and decided to train him as his unofficial successor. His life finally looked up for the first time.

And that didn't stop either.

He got much stronger than anybody would have expected, successfully getting into Providence Academy, the most prestigious school for up-and-coming Alphas in the world, and he'd successfully made friends for the first time in years. You'd think that after all of these good things happening, Thomas might be able to start moving past all of these things...

...but you'd be wrong.

Most nights he gets terrible nightmares about these incidents. Sometimes he'd be sitting in that damned doctors office, receiving the news that ruined his life for almost fifteen years all over again. Or it'd be of transformations and his inability to use them. Only recently had he started having nightmares about Xainti and his, "advice".

Those are all things that stick with a person for the rest of their life. So long that one could come to understand exactly when someone else starts going through the same feelings. And that's what Thomas is witnessing right now. Someone who, at least partially, understands how he's feeling.

That someone is none other than Godzilla Tellurian, one of the most promising Alpha candidates in Providence Academy. Easily the smartest in the class by far—even if her species being a lizard should contradict that statement—and also arguably the most beautiful. Then again Thomas, in his ever present unwanted isolation from the world, was not the person who could judge a female on beauty. Although she certainly has the breasts and hips departments locked down.

Regardless of her looks, Thomas hadn't ever really spoken to her. Sure, he'd had a shit-ton of opportunities to, including back when he was briefly elected the class president—and her the vice-president—before he gave up the position to Zarodaka.

Between the utter terror of talking to extremely attractive females—which was just to say females in general—and his introverted personality—another side effect of his non-existent social life—he'd just given up many of the opportunities he'd had to talk with her, which led to them building up different friend groups.