5. Pehli Baat

*Abhishek's Pov*

*Abhishek's Pov*

Shocked would be an understatement for my reaction when I saw her.

I thought I would never see her that's exactly why I sent the request.

Behind her came a middle-aged lady and a man, assuming they were her parents and my dad's friends.

"Arey Arey come inside", Kiara's mom said.

We all entered my dad and her dad had started talking already paying no heed to others

While our moms introduced us to each other.
I don't know about me but she sure was blushing red.

"Aren't you Shahneel's best friend?" I asked her as a way of starting a conversation

" yaa and aren't you Shubman's teammate and best friend" she said back

I laughed at her introducing in the same way.

"This is my daughter, Kiara Malhotra she is a lawyer ", her father introduced her to us.

"Hi Uncle, Hi Aunty," she said to my mom and dad.

"This is my son, Abhishek Sharma he is a cricketer" My mom and dad introduced me.

" Hello Uncle, Hello Aunty" I shook hands with her dad and smiled at her mom.

" hayee Kiara inni soni lagdi hai, bachpan meh soni abhi bhi same nazar na lage", my mom said while gushing over Kiara

" Thank you aunty" she replied with cheeks red.

Our dads were busy talking with each other which is explainable as they met after such a long time

My mom was talking to Kiara and her mom.
I was busy looking at her.

"Abhishek"
"Abhishek"

A hand tapping my shoulder made me come out of the trance.

It was my mom smirking at me and Kiara was standing there with her mom seeing me curiously.

" Ja Kiara Ke Saath , she will show you around"

"Ha?"

" hain kya ja na"
"Bht pareshan karke rakha hai isne"
the last part she said to Kiara's mom.

Kiara showed me around and now we were near her room just like she told me.

" It's very messy otherwise I would have shown you from the inside." She said sweetly.

" Arey koi chinta nhi, don't want to make you uncomfortable"

We were then standing in the guest room's balcony.

I was staring at the view beside me.

"You played nice in the last match" she smiled and said but still watching the view in front of her rather than me.

"Well, I think that's because you did a great job supporting me" When I said that, that's when she turned towards me and smiled.

"of course, it had nothing to do with your hard work and efforts," she said sarcastically, facing me but not making eye contact.

"I think we both know why our parents wanted us to meet, I just want you to know I didn't know it was you until now hell I didn't even know it was a cricketer, I -" she continued but I cut her off.

" I know, I mean I understand I only knew we were coming for lunch I got to know about in while we were coming here, we can just tell them we are both not ready for marriage?"

"hmm ya that works, I am so sorry though for all of this"

"don't say sorry, it's all fine"

"but-"

"if you really wanna make it up to me even when it's not your fault that go on a date with me this weekend," I said cutting her off and making her speechless.

her face showed the surprise she was feeling and her mouth was open in shock, I closed it with my fingers while maintaining eye contact.

where is this confidence coming from abhishek ?

"we will see," she said and turned back to go to the dining hall.

leaving me speechless as I watched her going to the dining hall.