ii

"Impedimenta."

Enigma jumped off the seat in slow motion, her long tail swishing behind her. Luca wrote down a few notes about her cat's movements, including a quick sketch of a funny face she made under the slowness jinx.

Santana observed the black cat curiously as she stood up on her hind legs and swatted at the toy that Luca was levitating over her head. When the jinx wore off, Enigma hopped up and caught the toy mouse in her mouth, her claws scratching at it.

"Piertotum Locomotor." Luca pointed her wand at the toy and watched with a small smile as Enigma chased the now-alive mouse through the train car.

Luca would often practice magic of any kind to pass the time on the journey to Hogwarts. Enigma was always more than happy to be her test subject for the more fun spells – she loved jumping through the air in slow motion as it felt like she was flying. Her softer side always came out when she played with her beloved cat. Enigma was the only one capable of avoiding the anger that boiled inside of her from the way she was raised.

Santana couldn't help but smile a little. She didn't know Luca was capable of grinning, let alone going an hour without killing or cursing anything.

"Oppugno." Luca smirked when the mouse toy launched itself at the Latina across from her. Santana yelped in surprise and squirmed in her seat as she tried to get the mouse off of her, and Luca let out a low, dark Bellatrix-like chuckle.

"Get this stupid thing off of me, Lucatic!" Santana shouted.

"I'll get it off of you alright," Luca laughed evilly. Enigma meowed and hid behind her legs as a green light illuminated the rail car.

Santana gasped, her body freezing in fear and a chill running down her spine. For a moment, she thought the curse hit her. When she spotted the toy mouse laying lifeless on the floor, she let out a breath of relief. "You fucking psycho," she spat, glaring at the petite girl across from her.

"Thank you." Luca tucked her wand away before picking her cat up and stroking her fur maliciously, her lips curling upward at Santana's still-shocked look. "I'm a Lestrange. It's in my blood."

"That's an unforgivable curse!" Santana scoffed. "You just murdered a fucking stuffed mouse! You almost killed me!"

"That could be arranged." Luca stared at the older girl with no emotion on her face. Her cold, mocha eyes were glazed over with bloodlust, and her brow twitched in a way that disturbed Santana.

Her mom was a psychotic murderer, but Luca would never actually kill anyone...right?

"Anything off the trolley, dears?"

Luca broke her stare-down with Santana. She purchased two pumpkin pasties and a chocolate frog for later. She sat back down with her legs stretched across the seat. She broke off part of one of the pasties and gave it to Enigma before taking a bite. She leaned her head against the wall and exhaled slowly, her mind racing to the sound of the train moving on the tracks.

─── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

It was after dark when the train arrived at Hogwarts. Luca shoved her way through the crowd of students, the gentle wind blowing her wild curls as she stepped off. She was immediately greeted by a tall, bushy-bearded man.

"Making good choices, Luca?" Hagrid asked the sixth year, who put on a fake sincere smile.

"Of course, dear Hagrid." Luca allowed her smile to fall, and she rolled her eyes as she walked away from him.

Hagrid hummed and eyed her suspiciously. He noticed a disturbed look on Santana's face when she came off the train – a look anyone would have after more than an hour alone with Lucatrix Lestrange.

"Santana, are you alright?" he asked the seventh year. "She didn't hurt ya, did she?"

"Not physically," Santana mumbled.

"I'm worried about her," Hermione said as she walked with Harry and Ron.

"Luca?" Harry questioned.

"Why?" Ron grimaced. He looked at where the petite witch was walking ahead of them in search of her cousin. "She's psychotic."

"Because she was raised that way," Hermione stated, scoffing as she looked at the redheaded boy. "Have you ever taken that into consideration? Her childhood was probably tragic. Who knows what Bellatrix has put her through to make her the way she is? Don't you think that maybe all she needs are good friends to show her the way?"

"Friends?" Ron scoffed. "She's Lucatrix Lestrange! She doesn't make friends. She buries them. Alive, probably."

"Ronald, that is a horrid accusation! She's a child, not a murderer!"

When Luca spotted platinum blonde hair, she pushed past the other students and jogged up next to Draco.

"There you are, Luke," the older boy said as he put a hand on his younger cousin's back. "Keep up. You're always falling behind."

"I have little legs," Luca mumbled. She smoothed down her Slytherin robe and ran a hand through her messy curls. She stepped up into a carriage and leaned her head onto Draco's shoulder.

Out of everyone in her twisted family, she had always been the closest with her older cousin. He was just a year older than her, and he of all people understood the pressure to make their parents proud. It was only when they were around each other that they felt like they were completely free to be themselves.

Luca felt relief wash over her when she spotted the castle in the distance growing larger and larger by the minute. She was home.

─── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

─── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

a/n

here's the second chapter! we got to see a bit of her interactions with the other characters, as well as a small golden trio moment.

what do you guys think of luca so far? what are you looking forward to seeing with her in the future?

thoughts?