Chapter 1

Anthony Howard Stark hated being idle. Sitting alone doing nothing meant giving his mind the opportunity to replay the past for him. And he would do everything he could to escape. As he sat in his lab, working on one of his cars, listening to the recent report provided by Fury. The attacks on civilians have increased ten fold this past month. To him , it seems something worse is about to happen. It is their responsibility to find out what and prevent it. No more casualties. An alert from J.A.R.V.I.S. brings him out of his trance. "Sir, we have received a message though the sender remains unknown. The message is marked URGENT", he says. Tony asks J.A.R.V.I.S. to read the message and display it on the screen as well. It was a simple message, short yet vague.

"You will find your answer here"

They had also attached a set of coordinates. It seems that the information is in Romania.

Tony's pov

I stared at the numbers in front of me, wondering what my next step should be. There are two possible options a safe one and one that is, well, unsafe.

It would be better to alert the team and then carry out a mission. But it would take a long time to prepare and brief the team over this. It would be a lot easier for me to check this place out on my own, a few weeks max , in and out. But if this was a trap I'd be fucked.

Hmmmm.....

WWIMD?

"J.A.R.V.I.S.",I call out.

"Yes sir."

"Get my jet ready but do not alert anyone else. Everything about this piece of information is not be shared with ANYONE, including my location.", I mumble, while rushing towards my room. As I got ready, I wondered what this could be about. There are a lot of things I need answered after all. After packing my bags, I decided to walk towards Steve's room. At least one person on the team should know. I quickly knocked on his door, and then walked inside, barely waiting for his response. "Hey Cap, I am leaving for some time, I'll be back soon, hopefully.", I announce. I watch him snap out of his initial daze as he frowns, "Is everything okay? Do you need me to join you?" I shake my head while looking at my watch," Everything is fine. I have a lead, I just need to check it out. Might take a while, but it is safe........I think? Don't worry. Taking a group would add suspicion. I'll send you any updates that I find. But please don't tell anyone, even Fury.", I said. I had no idea if this lead was even worth following or if this was simply a trap, it wouldn't be fair to drag other people in danger with me. Surprisingly, Steve understood and nodded in agreement. After bidding Steve goodbye, I left the Avengers Tower and got ready for the flight. On the way to Romania, I decided to make another phone call. "Hey Happy. I'm leaving the country for some work. It would take a while for me to return, so look after the spider kid. Also, Pepper is in charge if anything happens at the company. If it gets too bad, sign the company off to her and leave. Okay bye.", I gave all the instructions and disconnected the call.

I guess I could take a nap, this is a long flight after all.

Third person pov
As Tony landed in Bucharest, he was immediately greeted by one of his friends. The said friend was in charge of arranging for his stay but also keeping the anonymity. He had a separate car waiting for him and a person who would look out for him throughout his stay in Romania. He thought it would be better to plan his escape if things go out of hand. He didn't want recreate what happened in Afghanistan. As he sat in the car, he introduced himself to the guide ,Marcus, and went through all of his details. "So how is everything here? Any terrorist activities recently?", he asked Marcus. "So far it has been pretty silent  around the areas. No major activity except for petty theft here and there.", he replies while driving. "So nothing unusual?" ,asks Tony. "The silence is the unusual part, Sir", snorts Marcus before continuing. "It isn't really a warzone but it has never been this quite. For the past one year, all extreme violence has disappeared. Everything is so peaceful it almost feels unsettling." 

Tony opens the window to look around, the streets were almost empty and considering that it was way past midnight, it didn't seem surprising at all. "Anything else? That I should know of ?Something significant that might have happened in the past few months?", asked Tony, wanting to gather as much information as possible. "Not really. Although I have a friend who told me that recently the import business has increased quite drastically. But the strange part is, none of those things seem to reach the market. He says most the things are separated before they even reach the shore.", informs Marcus. Frowning, Tony asks," Weapons?". An increase of weaponry could explain the sudden silence in the area. "Actually no. It isn't weapons or anything related to arms or explosives. It is simple stuff, clothes, accessories and other designer stuff you know. Different types of food products etc. THAT is what makes this so strange. Nobody uses the expensive imports anyway, outside of Bucharest it is even rarer to seem them used foreign brands. Why import this crap in secret. But I guess it is still harmless...?",said Marcus. He stopped talking as they had reached the hotel. "The location you mentioned is only be a few hours from here. We can leave whenever you want, just send me a message and I'll prepare for the journey Sir.", he said before leaving.

After checking in, Tony sat in his room with his laptop going through everything Marcus told him. The gears in Tony's head kept twisting and turning but he could not make sense of it at all. He started wondering if he should just inform Steve, wondering if this was going to lead him anywhere.....Maybe he should just go back?

But he is here already.  Might as well check around to make sure. Could go for a bit of sightseeing as well. It is better to clear the doubts before leaving and he will have a nice vacation as well. 

And so it was decided, Tony would explore the place for a few weeks. Unless he finds something or the informer sends him something worth staying, Tony would leave after a few weeks.  

...................................

Tired of having all these ideas in my head and doing nothing about it. Hopefully I'll update both of my stories every week. <3