Chapter 1-Unexpected Death

Chapter 1
"Unexpected Death"

Silence.

That's all that was heard for miles after the shot was fired and the body fell.

After what's felt like an eternity of silence a voice that showed sadness clear on her features screamed."Camden!!!"

Laura dove next to Camden who was bleeding very badly from a shot to the chest. She was freaking out as she tries to stop the bleeding."Don't worry Camden your gonna be okay." She didn't know who she was trying to reassure more. Camden or herself.

He grabbed her wrist and she looked at him with tears welling up in her eyes."Laura, there- there's nothing you can do."
"That's not true. Im not going to let you die." The tears were getting harder to hold back as he caressed her cheek with one hand and Whispered."I love you." then his hand dropped and his head fell to the side.

"Camden? Camden!" She shook him and Cassiel came up behind her and turned her to face him."Laura, he's gone. There's nothing you can do." She looked at him with a broken expression and then started crying. He held her close to him so she wouldn't have to look at Camden.

"I can't look." Meela buried her face in Bartimus' chest and he wrapped his arms around her.

"Sshh Laura, it's okay, I've got you." Cassiel whispers to Laura to try and calm her as she cried uncontrollably into his chest."I loved him." He nodded rubbing her back."I know."

They all heard an evil laugh from about 20 meters away from them."What will you do now,Laura?" Ezra's deep voice showed no sympathy for his daughter. In fact it showed a strange happiness at her sadness.

Laura growled and gripped at Cassiel's shirt tightly to hold in the anger she was feeling towards her father. If she attacked him now she knows what would happen. She would be blinded by anger,sadness and revenge and she wouldn't be thinking right.

"Laura try to calm down." Cassiel's whispers to Laura because he was thinking the same thing she was. Meela glanced over at Laura, still keeping her face in Bartimus' chest."Laura?" She saw Laura trying to stay calm but she knew they would have to do something otherwise Laura might not be able to hold it in anymore.

"I swear if you don't leave right now I will kill you myself." Her voice was as cold as ice and as broken as her heart."I doubt you could take me on in the condition you are in." She looked at him her eyes had turned bright red from the anger she felt as she continued to grip at Cassiel's shirt, which meant for him to keep her from attacking her father.

All of a sudden a voice yelled from the distance."Laura!!" It was Matthew."Door Matt?" She looked around slightly trying to see where he was but she couldn't find him."Up here!!" She looked up to the sky and gasped at what she saw."How the hell did he manage this?" Everyone looked up at what she was looking at and everyone grew speechless.

"A-are those your?" She nodded as a smile crept onto her face and she let go of Cassiel's shirt and stepped away from him."My dragons." Matt was tightly holding onto the giant black dragon deception as she was meters in front of two slightly smaller dragons. An Emerald Green one and an Amethyst purple one.

Ezra growled angrily when he saw Matt with the dragons."That stubborn, thick headed, disrespectful Little Boy!!" Matt laughed as he held onto deception who roared angrily when she saw the soldiers around Laura. Don't worry Laura, we're here now. Deception used the mind link she had with Laura to talk with her.

I trust you deception. Burn 'em to the ground!! Deception bared her razor sharp teeth as she and the other two dove straight down. Deception was careful still though because of the young boy on her back as she opened her mighty jaws and fire came shooting out and hit the soldiers head on. Half of them were hit head on and the others had already run far away. Including Chief Ezra.