Chapter 4-Uncertain

Chapter 4
"Uncertain"

Laura's P.O.V.

I was walking with Meela to the next village. We were ahead of the two boys and it seems odd, because usually Meela and Bartimus are stuck together. I thought it was unusual until Meela started talking to me.

"So, what happened between you and Cassiel on that dragon earlier?" Did she really not know? Well we were kind of high up so I guess it makes sense that she didn't see.

Should I tell her the truth? That me and Cassiel kissed? It was mostly Cassiel kissing me but, I think I kissed back. At least a little. I'm sure she'll find out eventually so might as well tell her. "Well, a lot to be honest."

I could see the interest spark in Meela's eyes. "Oh? Care to elaborate?"

I sigh out and look around trying to avoid her eye contact but also avoiding looking back at Cassiel and Bartimus. I didn't quite know why but, I guess it didn't matter. So I took in a deep breath, and slowly told her everything.

"Well, I was in a angry because this morning I went to go and see Cassiel, and to ask him if he remembered anything about what happened last night," I almost forgot, I still don't know what happened while we were all drunk. Oh well I guess it's better not to dwell on it. So I continued.

"And I found him... in the middle of what looked to be a result of something that happened last night..." I wasn't going to go any farther than that. But if Cassiel wanted to tell people about it, he would say it it's not my business.

"I got rather angry, so I stormed away and when I got outside my first thought was to get away and into the sky. That's what I used to always do when I was in an unsavory mood. Next thing I know, Cassiel is walking across Emeralds and Deceptions wings while we were in the sky,"

I smiled to myself at the memory of it. "Then, right when I was telling him how crazy he was for doing it he, kissed me." I heard Meela squeal as I whispered the last part.

"Oh my gods that is so cute!" I tried to shush her as she squealed as to not get the attention of the guys.

"Meela if you want me to continue then you must be quite." Meela covered her mouth with her hands as to contain her happiness as she nodded for me to go on.

I nod and continue slowly. "Then he told me that he was tired of holding in his feelings, and that what I found him doing at in the morning meant nothing. Then we went back down to the ground and that's it."

Meela tilts her head to the left slight with curiosity scattered across her facial features. I could already tell what her next question would be. "So, what does that mean between you two?"

I sigh out not knowing what to say, I didn't even know the answer to that question. So I didn't know what to tell her or what answer to give her. I could tell she knew it to because she didn't say anything else and just looked back at Bartimus.

I however just looked forward and sighed out.

I really hope we get to that village soon.

I thought to myself as I noticed the storm clouds begin to darken.
**********************

Cassiel's P.O.V.

I had just finished telling Bartimus all about what happened between me and Laura. I could tell that she had told Meela from the way Meela looked back at Bartimus. The only question I couldn't answer for Bartimus was that I didn't know where it left me and Laura.

Of corse I plan on asking her when we get to the village. I could tell it was close because I swear I could smell a group of humans close ahead. Which, usually meant a town or a group or merchants passing by. Though its to many people to be a group of merchants so most likely a town.

But there was one thing I was certain of. That I wanted to be with Laura, But if she didn't want to be with me, then there's nothing I can do about it.

I look down at the ground and start kicking a rock a few feet away and just keep doing that for a little while until we reach the town.
*****************

Third Person P.O.V.

Once they had reached the town. Cassiel was determined to talk to Laura. Though first they needed to find an inn for everyone to stay in...