In The Beginning...

A small family was driving down a secluded road, up to the facility where the Hero's Commission was training Tenko. They would hold him until he was ten, and cleared for emotional capability. It was only three girls, Tenko's mother and two sisters. Their father had left and their grandparents stayed home. It was late and the road was on the side of a cliff, winding every which way. A doe leaped out from the bushes and the mother swerved hard. The car began to spiral, both girls screaming as their mother attempted to straighten out the car. Her desperation to save her daughters grew and the cliff grew near. It wasn't a straight drop down, but a slope riddled with trees and large, sharp stones.

The car slipped off the cliff and began a brutal descent down the side of the mountain. Rolling over, hitting trees and boulders. The car finally came to a stop as it flipped off of a large rock, hitting an exceptionally large tree, and landing upside down. 3 hours had passed and the oldest daughter was dead, having broken her neck during the fall. The mother was barely holding on when a man approached the beaten vehicle. She had been impaled by a low branch on the tree and knew she had a slim chance of survival. She begged the man to take her youngest daughter and call the police. The man said nothing as he climbed on top of the car and used what had to be a strength related quirk to rip the underside of the car open to retrieve the girl. He began to walk away, the youngest still screaming, begging for her mother. The man never called the police, and the two bodies were left to rot.

Four months pass and a couple on a hike finds the car, and whats left of the two bodies. Wild animals had gotten to the corpses and with months of decomposition on top of that, the bodies were unrecognizable. The local police scan missing persons cases and discover the car belonged to a woman named Shimura Nao. The case was of the disaperance of her and her two daughters while on their weekly trip to visit her son. When the car gets to the forensics lab, they find only two bodies. They do DNA tests and check dental records to confirm the identity of the two in the car. When the results confirming the identity of the two come in, the police are left with one question, wheres the youngest daughter? They continue to sweep the area for any indication that the girl got out of the car, but the idea of her surviving was quickly shut down due to the state of the car. No 3 year old could survive that, and even if she had she couldn't have gotten out.

The sweep of the area became a search for her remains. Inspection of the car indicated that a bear probably ripped the girl out and the conclution was that there were no remains to be found. The family of the three diseased were brought in. Midoriya Inko who was Nao's half-sister, her son Izuku, Bakugo Masaru who was her ex-husbands brother, his wife Mitsuki, and their son Katsuki. The two 4 year old boys were left to wait outside in the hallway of the police station wile the adults were given the bad news.

"I'm sorry, but Nao and her two daghters are dead. The DNA and license plate prove that it was her car and her body. We would allow a last look to confirm identities, but the two bodies are in such a horrific state that we can't allow it. I'm again very sorry for your losses." the investigator was cold, and almost uncaring, even as he talked about the deaths of a mom and her 10 and 3 year old.

"Wait two bodies? Aren't there supposed to be 3? You're claiming three people are dead but only have two bodies? What the hell!?" Mitsuki was becoming angry and impatient with the man simply with how he talked about her sister-in-laws death, and now there were holes in the story?

"Do you want the truth?" the investigator seemed annoyed, as though this was just a boring task he had to get throgh.

"The fuck you mean "Do you want the truth?"? Of course we want the fucking truth!"

"There was no body. The bottom of the car was torn open. Because there were no remains anywhere it's assumed that (Y/N) was eaten by a bear."

The silence in the room was more like hundreds of shrill alarms ringing. The three year old, a child just barely younger than their own, was eaten by a bear.

"Was she alive or dead" Inko's voice was meek, in fact she was suprised she could even speak.

"The squints aren't really sure, but due to the lack of blood theres a chance she as alive when the bear got to her. Or she just didn't die a bloody death, or she starved. Like I said, the squints aren't sure. They just know a bear ripped her out and the remains can't be found."

The three adults struggled to accept that their neice was eaten alive, or that she starved. But she had died a horrible death and there was no denying that. They wanted to believe there's no way that happened to that little girl, but Hana had a broken neck at 10 and Nao was impaled by a tree in an awful, but entirely accidental wreck. How would they tell their boys that (Y/N) would never come over again, never go to the park again, never go to preschool again? How do you tell two little boys that their cousin and best friend was dead?

The investigator informed the family about the final will and testimony review date and thanked them for their time and they were dismissed. The boys of course had lots of questions that were all met by a simple "Oh don't worry, its noting important," followed by smiles a 4 year would be satisfied with. Those poor boys would only ask when the three girls are coming back, they were too young to understand death, so they would just have to be ok with being confused for now.

Later that month the incident had made the news. "Mother and her two children die in horrific accident". Izuku had been watching the news at the time, as All Might was fighting a villian live. As the pictures of his family members showed up on tv he was surprised and confused. What was dying? Was that where (Y/N) and Hana were? Why couldnt he go? His mother walked in and dropped the plate she had been holding.

"Where is dying?"

"Izuku, what are you talking about?" Inko laughed nervously. Her son was too smart for his own good. Way too smart. He would know if she was lying. How do you explain death to a three year old?

"Wanna go."

"What?"

"I wanna go. (N/N) and Hana are in dying. Where's dying? I wanna go see them!"

Inko couldn't help the tears. He actually looked happy, as if it was so easy to simply go on a trip to where his cousins were. She and Masaru had been the ones to inform Tenko and the boy was absolutely shattered by the news, and telling the 8 year old shattered her. Now she had to go into detail, explain death.

"Izuku, come here." She patted her lap as she sat down and turned off the tv. Izuku was eager and climbed into his mother's lap. "Dying isn't a place, sweet boy. It's something a person does. Hun dying is a very sad thing. It's... It's like going to sleep and never waking up."

"Never wake up?"

"I'm sorry, Izuku, but (Y/N) isn't waking up. She's gone baby... forever."

The tears began to spill from the little boys eyes. Broken no's and desperate cries for his cousin. She was his best friend, along with Kacchan. How could this happen? Why did people have to go away forever?

"It's ok baby, it's ok. I know. People aren't supposed to go away so little, I know."

Inko attempted to console her crying child, but it was no use. After half an hour the poor boy fell asleep. Inko brought him to his room and tucked him in, it was close enough to bed time anyway. She kissed him gently on his forehead and turned on his All Might night light.

The next day at school, Izuku told Katsuki what his mom told him and of course the older didn't believe a word he said, but when he got home and asked his own mom, it was essentially a reply of Izuku's hard night before. The two boys were angry and heartbroken. After several weeks of crying, angry outbursts, and isolation, the two boys swore to become heroes. They, even at such a young age, wanted no one to feel what they felt. The two were going to become heroes together, for their lost cousin (Y/N).