Chapter 3: Battle at Lavna

Revenlan Union, Lavna, Agusta 5, 825, 11 AM.

The unofficial alliance between the Elysians and Revenlans manifested in a legion, complete with tanks and Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs), dispatched by Elysium to a foreign land in a protective capacity.

Accompanying them were 20,000 Revenlan troops, ready to reinforce Lavna, the economic city besieged by the 70,000-strong Henzan Imperial Army. The Revenlan soldiers, although surprised and intrigued by the 'metal carriages' (IFVs) and 'Iron Elephants' (tanks) wielded by the Elysian Imperial Legion, found themselves perplexed by the lack of conventional armor worn by the Elysian soldiers. Clad in dirty, bulky outfits, their only semblance of protection lay in their headgear. Armed with peculiar-looking long staffs, some longer and thicker, these soldiers wielded laser rifles, launchers, and other advanced weaponry.

Despite the language barriers, trust grew among the troops, solidified by the singing of old Elysian songs. The bond between Elysium and its newfound otherworldly ally, the Revenlan Union, strengthened with each step towards the besieged city of Lavna.

As the legion approached, M224 mortars were meticulously placed on the ground, 150 meters from the besieged front wall where hordes of Henzan troops sought to break through. The air crackled with tension as the Elysian soldiers prepared to unleash the destructive power of their artillery.

 The air crackled with tension as the Elysian soldiers prepared to unleash the destructive power of their artillery

The siege scene unfolded with a chaotic symphony of warfare. The Henzan Imperial Army deployed magical beasts known as 'Drakos,' dragon-like creatures without wings, standing at an imposing 4 meters tall, stretching 40 meters in length, and weighing over 60 tonnes. Their scales, harder than steel, provided formidable protection. Primitive swords clashed against armor, mages wielded magic to weaken the wall, and Lavna defenders launched arrows at the attackers. Enormous siege engines pounded the wall, while Henzan troops, carrying massive wooden logs, attempted to breach the giant gate.

In the midst of this turmoil, waves of flaming arrows rained down on Lavna militias, igniting houses and causing widespread destruction, claiming innocent lives.

In the war camp of Henzan, General Furoz Felini, a demi-human cat, and her commanders observed the battle with sadistic delight. A maniacal smile adorned the general's face as she witnessed the Drakos wreak havoc on the seemingly indestructible wall, causing large cracks to form.

"What a beautiful sight!" she exclaimed with glee.

"General, what will we do after we capture the city?" Inquired one of her subordinates.

With a wicked smile, General Felini turned to her subordinate.

With a malevolent glint in her eyes, General Furoz Felini, a demi-human cat commanding the Henzan Imperial Army, issued a sinister proclamation to her subordinates amidst the chaotic tapestry of war. Her voice, a blend of authority and sadistic pleasure, echoed across the war camp.