Chapter Twenty-One

Harry's POV:

I get out of the car and into the cold frigid air. I looked back at Carter, to see her looking at me. I try to give her a reassuring smile. She smiles back softly.

I walk towards his small red car, and see Kent, his five foot four figure, small for his age of twenty two leaning against the car. His golden blond hair has been shaved since the last time I saw him, and he's bundled up in a huge black coat. He smiles mischeviously at me. "Took you long enough to get out of your car." As soon as his mouth opens, I smell the vodka on his breath. I haven't drank since the night at Drake's and for some reason, the scent is getting to me. "Got a girl with ya?"

"No." I mutter.

He rolls his eyes. "I'm sure."

"Shut up. Where's the cash?"

"Where's my shit?"

"Where's the cash, Kent? Hurry the fuck up too." I reach into the inside pocket of my coat, and find the plastic baggie. I dangle it above his head.

"Is that it?"

"My dad kicked me out, and I only had a little with me when I left."

He groans. "What the hell...then you're not getting all the cash."

"I'll get more later, alright."

"I'll give you ten for that."

"This costs about forty dollars for just this little bag. Give me thirty."

"You're not getting thirty fucking dollars for that."

I turn on my heels. "Then you're getting nothing. Good night, Kent."

I start walking back to the car. I can see Carter's nose pressed against the window, looking out, her hair falling against her shoulders. Her eyes are wide, and she's shaking.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" I feel hands on my shoulder, and I stop in my tracks, turning back to him.

"I'm much bigger than you, Kent. Get your hands off of me."

"Give me the fucking pot."

"I'm not giving it to you for ten dollars, you asshole." I say. I push him off me and he hits the asphalt. "So go back to your little mini cooper and drive off to your floral décor apartment and get out of my face."

He stands up, anger in his eyes. He looks up at me. "I'll call the fucking police."

"Mmm, will you?"

He pulls out his iPhone. "Yeah, I will. Give me it before I call the police." His fingers tap numbers on the phone.

"Fifteen dollars." I mumble, holding out the bag.

"Fourteen."

"One dollar difference, asshole. Fifteen."

He fishes in his pocket and finds crumbled up cash. He lays it in my palm. I count the money, and stuff it into my pocket. I hand him the baggie, and he stuffs it in his jacket pocket.

"Thanks. I'll text you."

"Great." I mumble, before walking back to my car.

~

Whenever I start going down the road, I hear Carter huff. "Harry.." She whispers.

"Yeah?"

"Who was that?"

"Some guy."

"Do you do drugs?"

"No."

"Why did you have to meet that guy?" I hear her yawn.

"I had business."

"Do you sell drugs?"

"Don't worry about it."

She sighs. "Harry, I wanna know everything about you."

"I'm not a good person, Carter."

"Can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything you want."

"I wanna try again." She whispers.

I don't answer her, and she doesn't say anything the rest of the car ride.

~

Whenever we get to her house, I find her fast asleep. I unstrap her from her seatbelt, and carry her to the front door. I unlock the door, and then lock it behind us as I carry her up the stairs.

She wakes up whenever I lay her down on the bed.

"Can you put my pajamas on me?"

"No." I laugh, before carefully unbuttoning her jeans. "I can help you undress, babe. But your on your own for pajama duty." I push her back up, and hold her up with one of my hands, pulling down her skinny jeans with the other hand. Whenever they're off, I throw them onto the floor.

She giggles as I start pushing up her shirt.

"Work with me, baby."

She giggles, before sitting up on her elbows, and grabbing my shirt. She pulls me on top of her. "Kiss me, please."

I look up at her. Her light brown eyes that emerge from the dark brown ones whenever she's happy. The small creases on her forehead whenever she smiles. The dimples that pop out on the right side of her cheeks whenever she grins or giggles. Her dark brown waves that fall across her chest perfectly. The way her soft, thin pink lips curve upwards into the most beautiful smile in the world. Even her teeth are beautiful, the way she has one out of place on the bottom row. I just want to stare at her. I lean foreward, and kiss her softly, slowly. She kisses back, grabbing onto my back. She tries to make the kiss more intense, more heated, but I like where we're at. Slowly, softly, passionately.

I pull off her and look at her. "Carter, you're beautiful." I whisper.

She smiles softly, and places her forehead on mine, looking down. "No, I'm not.."

"I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Her face gets hotter, and she looks into my eyes. She kisses me again, softly, just hitting the side of my lips. "I want to try again."

"I know." I say softly. "We can."

"Now?"

I chuckle, and then kiss her again. Whenever I'm done, I smile against her lips, her teeth touching mine. "No." I whisper.

She pouts, and then playfully bites my lip softly.

I tug out of it, and laugh. "No, Carter." I get away from her face, and roll off of her. I lay beside her and turn to her. "But you are beautiful."

"Thank you." She whispers. Her face twists, and she moves her body upward. She reaches under her back, and throws something at me. "There."

I laugh, and hit the answer button.

"Harry Styles?"

"Yes?"

"This is the police department. We need you to come down here for questioning. Mr. Kent Abrams has been in a car accident."

~

A/N: FINALLY POSTED. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG. ): But thanks for the lovely comments I've gotten so far and all the votes and reads - hard to believe there are over 1,300! Thanks so much! :)