Is It Really Crashing a Wedding If You Were Invited? || PART 2

"I'll be with you the whole time. No matter what," Y/N had reassured Chris a hundred times or more in the cab to the resort. Each time he gave them a weak smile.

As Chris and Y/N approached the beach resort venue, there was an uneasy silence between them. The pair paused just in front of the door.

"Ready?" Y/N whispered, taking Chris's hand.

He squeezed their hand and grinned widely, "nope."

With that, he let go of them and pushed open the door.

On the other side was a short set of stairs leading down to a large, open plan bar mainly made from bamboo and white concrete with a thatched roof. There was no opposite wall, instead the soft stone ground merged into white sand as the structure cut off. On the beach there was a white arch decorated in flowers and satin chairs decorated in bows. The tide gently lapped at the shore and the early-evening sun shone above it, promising to make a picturesque sunset.

"Wow," Y/N breathed.

For a moment, it all felt peaceful. Both Y/N and Chris let out the breaths they'd been holding until reality hit them. Looking down from the top of the stairs, Y/N recognised half of the guests as their friends, Chris recognised half of the guests as people he'd hurt, and neither of them recognised the other half. Chris offered Y/N his arm, which they neatly took. Together, they descended the stairs.

"Y/N- huh?" was the beginning. Chris and Y/N had barely taken one step when their existence was noticed and immediately questioned.

It was almost as if the whole room went silent (save for hushed whispers) as Y/N and Chris came down the stairs. This was more painful than anything Y/N had been subjected to on Total Drama, and Chris was sure this was his karma.

Thankfully, Geoff and Bridgette were present and ready to try and defuse the situation.

"Y/N! Chris! Dudes! Welcome," Geoff called as he ran over to wrap Y/N in a hug.

The rest of the room turned back to their own business.

"We're so glad you could make it," Bridgette smiled as she glided over.

She placed a hand on Geoff's shoulder and gently pulled him back from Y/N. They gasped for air for a second. Geoff's hugs were great, but occasionally hazardous to one's health. He grinned apologetically and Y/N laughed as they moved to hug Bridgette. Geoff was one of the most laid-back, easygoing people alive. It was second nature for him to turn to Chris and offer him a fist-bump with a smile. Chris smiled as they made contact. He exchanged a small nod of greeting with Bridgette, obviously nervous. She turned to a small table by the entrance and grabbed a glass of champagne, which she passed to Chris with a knowing smile. As he gave her a grin of thanks, Bridgette passed a second glass to Y/N.

"Thanks," they said, "and thank you so much for inviting us! This venue is so beautiful."

"Isn't it?" Bridgette breathed, spinning around happily.

"Killer view," Chris chimed in.

"Absolutely. We really wanted to have the water and the sunset," Geoff mused, turning to look out over the beach, "heck, we even considered having the wedding on Wawanakwa for a second."

"Oh, I'm sure Chef would've been overjoyed to cater for you," Chris said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

The four of them laughed. So far, so good! Chris felt like the awkward tension wasn't prevalent and could easily be skirted around.

"So, Bridge – is this the wedding dress? I thought Geoff wasn't supposed to see it yet," Y/N said.

Neither Bridgette nor Geoff looked like they were about to get married. He practically shirtless, his pale blue, short-sleeve shirt hanging open as if the buttons were only sewn on for display. His tan, denim shorts cut off just above the knee and, like any sane person on a beach, he was wearing sandals. Bridgette was in a matching pale blue wraparound dress, cutting off just above the knee. The skirt danced around her when she moved. She was wearing simple flats in a matching hue. They'd evidently gone for comfort over anything else but it was> a wedding.

"Oh, no," Bridgette laughed, "we've both got costume changes before the ceremony. We just wanted to be here to greet the guests! I don't think I've ever seen you in a dress by the way."

As Y/N and Bridgette began to discuss the ins and outs of dresses, Geoff moved a little closer to Chris, conspiratively, with a grin. Chris kept his eyes locked on the horizon.

"So," he said, "you're really into Y/N?"

Chris just about choked on his champagne. He coughed awkwardly as Geoff laughed.

"It's cool, man. Definitely unexpected, but cool."

"Thanks?" Chris said, trying not to stress, "I uh, never would've expected it either."

"I'd be concerned if you did," Geoff teased, "but hey I made fifty bucks from it."

"I did hear there was a bet. So you kind of did expect it then."

"Well, sort of. If Duncan hadn't floated the idea, I never would've thought of it myself, you know?"

"Right, so it was Duncan."

Geoff laughed, "who else would it have been?"

Chris shrugged and sipped his drink.

"Oh, I was watching the latest Total Drama season and I see you copied my idea," Geoff said.

"Oh?" Chris questioned. He had no idea what Geoff was referring to.

"Yeah, dude! Getting your hot babe to co-host! Aftermath toootally did it first."

Chris laughed. Not even awkwardly, he actually laughed.

"It really tests a relationship," he commented, feeling slightly more at ease.

"I'll say."

"You know, I never told you Geoff," Chris stared into his drink, speaking without thinking, "congratulations on Aftermath. Y/N and I always tuned in during the week. I wasn't a fan at first but... It grew on me. You guys did a good job."

Geoff seemed stunned as Chris looked over at him and smiled, clapping a hand down on his former contestant's shoulder. Geoff was absolutely dumbfounded.

"Th-Thanks?" he managed to stammer out.

Chris chuckled awkwardly again and removed his hand. Geoff's jaw was still on the ground.

"You really have changed, huh?" He said.

"Wouldn't be here otherwise, would I?"

"Well," Geoff said sheepishly, "I don't know. I was kind of expecting you to suddenly kidnap us all and call it 'Total Drama: Wedding Crashers' and have us all marry each other and call it teams."

"What?"

"I don't know."

"That was... weirdly specific, my man," Chris was trying to process exactly what had just been said.

"I mean, I still wanted to chance it though! If Y/N says you're a good dude, then hey, how can I argue. I trust them, you know? You can't survive Total Drama with someone and not either totally trust or totally hate them."

"I guess not."

* * *

Yeah, this one is as unfinished as the rest. I'm sorry :( buuuut tbh I actually have written a bit more for this one that I just haven't published ANYWHERE yet - if I do write enough of a conclusion to warrant posting tho then AO3 will totally get it first soooo you know ;)
Another new story comin atcha next week <3