Another new princess?

"Make sure there is no disturbance in this banquet"

Claude ordered in his usual cold demeanor as the servants nodded and left the room without even daring to breath loudly. It's nothing new for them to do that. The Imperial palace had always been cold but ever since the second princess had died it had become much more colder. Like something dark is consuming the palace little by little.

"Ugh.."

Claude groaned as it made Felix alert .

"Your highness?!"

Felix who used to be admired because of his handsomeness didn't look bright like usual. He looked like he hadn't slept for days. How could he? He watched his daughter like princess die alongside his beloved of years Lillian York in front of him. But alas! He couldn't do a single thing to protect them. The shackles of loyalty had held him back again and now he had only the emperor by his side. It may seem like the emperor is cold with him but truly Felix is his only friend whom he trusts.

"It's nothing Felix . The headache just have started to get worse."

Claude said laying back in his chair.

"Princess you must not-'

Both of them heard a commotion as a brunette haired beautiful girl rushed inside the room with a bright smile

"Father!"

Jeanette smiled at Claude . Claude was about to call her in as he knew her presence was the cure to his headache but instead of feeling relief Claude started to feel even more pain when Jeanette was getting closer.

"Stop"

Claude said coldly as his hands pinched the temples of his head . Jeanette and Felix were both shocked as it was the first time this happened.

"Jeanette leave now. I do not wish to see you now"

Claude spoke with his non emotional face as irritation was coming out from his voice. Before Jeanette was about to say anything Claude spoke out again glaring at the girl in front of him

"Leave!"

"... Y-yes father"

Jeanette nodded as she ran out of the room.

As others thought their princess was very much sad, Jeanette rushed inside her room and slammed it shut.

"Oh the poor princess.."

Some maids muttered.

"What the hell?"

Jeanette muttered as she gritted her teeth.

"How did this happen? Claude has never acted like this around me!"

Anger consumed her

"No no I must remain calm! Until I grasp the throne or my revenge won't be complete!"

Jeanette smiled coldly

"Don't blame me Athanasia. I had nothing against you. It's just your arrogant father who did this! If only he didn't kill both my parents I wouldn't touch your family "

Jeanette's angelic pure face suddenly looked ominous as her smile seemed devilish as well.

The day of the banquet. The entire empire was rejoicing the birthday of the "only" princess of the Empire.

"Princess you look gorgeous!"

The new head maid and personal maids of Jeanette spoke as Jeanette was wearing beautiful black and light blue coloured gown. Made with the finest garments and most talented designer of the empire.