19. Aarnav

A 'good' morning after so many days of frustration

I took a hot shower and got ready for work.

It was going to be a very busy day today, I had to handle a very important work today.

Sitting at the breakfast table, I was waiting for my coffee.

"Will I get my coffee today?" I shouted.

Reena came out from the kitchen with my coffee.

"I am so sorry I got late."

"Why did you bring my coffee? Where is the maid?" I asked sipping my coffee.

"They are busy in other work so I made the coffee."

"So who is working in the kitchen then?"

"Aadhya, she is making aloo parathas for me. You want? "

"No I am fine."

"Okay."

She went again into the kitchen.

I kept sitting at the table for 5 minutes but I couldn't control anymore so I got up and stood at the kitchen door.

She was still in Reena's clothes, she wore an oversized t shirt and comfy pyjamas.

Her hairs were tied up in a messy bun and 2 strands on her face which she was adjusting with her palms.

Looking her while she was cooking put my heart at such a calm for some reason.

I couldn't help but just stare at her and adore her.

She had no makeup on her face and I realized that she never really wore any makeup she was beautiful naturally, inside and outside both.

Seeing her in my kitchen made it look like my kitchen was breathing and living THE LIFE.

DEJÁ VU.

There used to be a time when I stood at the kitchen door starting at my Mom while she made aloo parathas for me, aloo parathas used to be my favourite and comfort food but ever since Mom and dad left I never ate it.

Looking at her I could only imagine Mom, it felt like she was back again and making parathas for me.

Aadhya was beautiful like my Mom.

While I was busy adoring Aadhya, Reena saw me standing at the door.

"Bhaiya, why are you standing there come inside."

"Isse bhi abhi aana tha." Aadhya said while looking at me and then rolled up her eyes.

"This is my house I can go anywhere and anytime without anyone's permission."