Thanksgiving Special!

A/n: This is the proof that I am insanely slow at updating. If anyone asks how slow I am at updating,  just show them this one shot.

      Thanksgiving. My favorite time of the year. The food, the love, family gatherings. Wait, Christmas has presents... Nope, thanksgiving is still better. (A/n: Fun challenge; try to guess who's POV this is before I tell you.) Well, my family would debate about that. But come on! The food. On Thanksgiving is way better than the food on Christmas. I'm just saying. Especially with my family. But I guess this year is different (Hope you guessed already) because my aunt May isn't around anymore. And I don't know where the family is.

"Hey P'." My twin brother, Arvin greeted as I slipped through our shared bedroom window. I gave him a silent "'sup" with my head and collapsed onto my bed. "No sarcastic comment? No stupid puns? What's goin' on wit' ya?"

"Thanksgiving Arvin. That's what's going on. Aunt May isn't here anymore. No one knows that we even exist --"

"I thought that was only you --"

"And worst of all... There's no way we could afford a Thanksgiving feast like the one May always provided."

"Can we go back to the 'no one knows the WE even exist'?"

"Nope." I sighed and slid off of the bed, still in my Spider-Man suit. It was true though, and I was being incredibly selfish when I asked Doctor Strange to wipe Arvin from the face of the earth as well. I thought, "It'll be fine. I won't be lonely and he'll still have me to spice up his life. Beside's he never talks to anyone anyway." Yep, incredibly selfish. He just shrugged and put a hand on my shoulder. "Okay, we may be as broke as a bug. We may not have May with us 'n' stuff. But we have each other right? We're each other's family." I nodded. "Now get outta that suit. 'Cuz we're gonna make some food." He smiled. Of course, I couldn't see his eyes behind that baseball cap of his, but I could tell he really meant that smile.

      "Okay. It's not much. But we have turkey and stuffin' at least." Arvin said to me. I gave him a small sad smile. "Okay, this optimism is killn' me. Howdya do it?" I shrugged. I wasn't feeling very optimistic at that time. He sighed at sat down. "C'mon P'. Let's eat please." Arvin stood up and pushed me towards the only other seat. "Sit. Let's eat." I sat down reluctantly as he took a seat again. "Kay. Let's say what we're thankful for then eat." Arvin raised an eyebrow at me, expecting me to go first. Before I could say anything, my phone went off with a police alert. I was about to look at it but Arvin grabbed it before me. "Nuh uh. We're doin' this. Spider-Man can wait." I sighed miserably and made my plate.

"I'm thankful for my pain-in-the-butt brother. And, I'm thankful for the fact that we aren't homeless." I rolled my eyes as he kicked me from under the table. 

"And I'm thankful for family, work 'n' Spider-Man." I smirked. "Because it's the only time I can get away from my idiotic brother." He grinned. I kicked his shin from under the table as well. "OW! Peter." He hissed. I snickered. 

      Later that day we were sitting on the couch, throwing popcorn at eachother to see who could hurt who first. We were also playing would you rather. There was a movie on but we weren't really paying attention to it. "Okay, would you rather... lose me forever or have to deal with me everyday 24/7?" I asked him. He closed his eyes. "I already deal with you 24/7. So I would choose that one."

"Confirmed. Arvin loves me -- ow!" His piece of popcorn hit me in the eye.

"Score! I win! You owe me that last slice of pumpkin pie." I shook my head at him. Sure we were in our twenties, but we vowed never to grow up to the point where fun wasn't a thing that we enjoyed often. "Yeah, I know. It's yours." 

"Hey Peter? Happy Thanksgiving. Even if we don't have May with us. We have each other. And as long as we have that, we'll make it through. Right?" I nodded. "Right." He pulled me in for a side hug and ruffled my already messed up hair. I smiled widely. "Happy Thanksgiving Arv'." I responded. 

Word Count: 718 Words

(Brought to you by: Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Harry Osborn appearance. Available to those that have the money to buy a PS5 😔🥹)