𝐌.𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐈 - 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘴

xFem!reader
Genre: fluff(?)
Character: Matsukawa Issei.
Subject: mattsun and you go out to get snacks at nighttime.

I groaned, looking at my phone screen that illuminated my face. It read '1:27 AM'. I was not tired. Groggy, maybe, but not interested in getting a wink of sleep.

As I was about to shut it off and groan into my pillow for the umpteenth time, a guitar riff with the familiar theme 'shissou' played from my phone, the device vibrating.

I saw Mattsun's name pop up on the dark screen, a silly combination of emojis also showing. I smiled, swiping the green button to the right as I put the phone to my ear.

"Is this the crusty crab?"

"No, this is Patrick." I replied with a small snicker.

I heard laughing coming from the other end of the line. "Aw, shucks. I was really hoping this cool girl named '[Y/n]' would be on the line."

"What is it, doofus?" I smiled, my voice cracking slightly from the grogginess.

"Wanna go make some bad decisions with me?" He said into the phone softly.

"I thought you'd never ask." I shifted in my bed, letting my fist I was resting my head on squish my cheek. "What tomfoolery shall we be engaging in this fine morning?"

"Convince store shenanigans." He answered, and I could practically see his grin on the other side of the phone.

"Bet. Come over." I smiled, hanging up the phone and delicately stepping out of bed. I shivered, and decided to put on pants.

I put on some gray sweat pants, and an amused smile andorned my features in the dark. 'Wow, I deserve a gold star for this.' I snickered silently, changing out into a clean and comfortably fitting shirt.

I grabbed a pale blue jacket and slid the baggy sleeves onto my bare arms, and didn't bother to zip it up. I slipped on some socks, and put on a pair of panda slippers. Not long after, a buzz came from my phone.

'knock knock'

It read, and I smiled as I wedged open my window, the crisp early autumn air flowing into my dark room. I grinned lazily down at mattsun as I propped my chin up with both of my hands, my elbows on the windowsill. The silver moonlight illuminated me and mattsun.

"Yo, Rose, get down here." He smirked up at me, our faces a few feet apart.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Actually in this context it would be Juliet." I corrected, and he put his pointer finger up, and mumbled 'uh, aCtUalLy.' under his breath in a higher tone as his front teeth stuck out.

I laughed lightly, and got up to dangle my feet down from the window. "Catch." I said, jumping down.

He clumsily caught me in his arms. "Come on, I want melon bread already." He mumbled, setting me down as we headed off for the convenience store.

We both talked randomly, mentioning how straws actually have two holes and arguing whether milk goes before the cereal or vice verca. Occasionally, when we'd go under a street light we would pretend to be in the 1800's, tipping our imaginary top hats with a choppy British accent like we were at a show.

Once we reached a small convenience store, we walked in and smelled that convenience store air. The lighting was bright, but it was calming and nostalgic in a way.

Mattsun tugged my sleeve, and I tuned to see him smiling and pointing towards a slushie machine. I grinned, and we both went over to it. We mixed the blue and red flavor, and even added Pepsi for a few fucks. We added Gatorade and sprite to it, laughing like a bunch of primary schoolers.