Chapter 17: The big uneasy

It was another morning

But instead of moans, Larisa was woken up by the sound of construction, making her scream in irritation.

Of course, the vampires heard it, but they knew it was only Larisa once again being frustrated.

She got up and walked out of her room angrily.

She trotted down the stairs, spotting the construction site along with Klaus, Elijah, and that blasted witch who had been hanging around them.

"What the hell Elijah?!" She screamed angrily at him.

He turned towards his pregnant sister-in-law with a smile.

"Good morning Larisa."

She growled at him and marched towards them in anger.

"It could have been good if I hadn't been woken up by this noice!" She screeched at him as she pointed at the workers around them "Why are you even doing that?"

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century." Elijah explained to her "Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not."

"I agree." Genevieve said, making Larisa rolled her eyes at the witch.

"It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover."

"Careful, Elijah." Klaus warned him "When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something."

"Actually... I do have a request." Genevieve told them "I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, l'd like that to change."

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Larisa asked her in irritation.

"The Fête des Bénêdictions." Genevieve answered her smugly "Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as introducing our young Harvest Girls to society."

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment." Elijah pointed in amusement "And you would like a party for the witches."

Klaus chuckled.

"I made my amends with your brother." Genevieve told him.

"Yeah, we all heard them." Larisa commented sarcastically.

Elijah chuckled.

Genevieve rolled her eyes and looked at Elijah "Why don't you think it over?"

She then turned around and left.

"Oh, don't be such a stiff, Elijah," Klaus told him "The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of faith toward a onetime enemy?"