CHAPTER VIII

────── -: ✧ :- ──────┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐ACT I, CHAPTER VIIIfrom one hell to a worse one└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘────── -: ✧ :- ──────

┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐
ACT I, CHAPTER VIII
from one hell to a worse one
└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘
────── -: ✧ :- ──────

— SIMONE! NO! — a loud, heartbreaking scream tore from Sparks' throat as she watched the body of a twelve-year-old boy fall into the snow, its white turning to crimson. - I WILL KILL YOU!

The fury in his eyes was visible, even to a blind person. In her ears, Hope could hear her blood boiling and her heart beating rapidly. Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

- Don't be ridiculous, little spark. We have the advantage. - the boy laughed, pointing at her with the knife that had Simon's blood on it.

Her Simon's blood. Her best friend's blood. The blood of the boy who promised her to come home, and to whom she promised safety as long as she could protect him.

She failed. She broke her promises.

While the two tributes from the first district were boasting about their miraculous feat and the fact that they were about to cut off her head, she focused on how to free herself from her imprisonment.

In her blood-stained katanas, she noticed that she and the blonde behind her were finishing off, thanks to which she could see that the girl was standing in a way that made it very easy to knock her down if she placed her foot properly.

Hope's head came up with the perfect plan and was able to kill the two pros quite quickly and avenge her friend.

The redhead felt that her grip on the redhead had loosened due to the laughter coming from the throat of one Alison. With a nimble movement, she freed her hands and grabbed the blonde's hand, which held the knife.

Without much effort, she managed to push its paws away from her and turn gracefully towards her. Instead of ecstasy and happiness, fear appeared in the tribute's eyes, seeing the huge psychic smile on Sparks' face, and pure madness could be seen in her irises.

The leg of the girl from number five slipped into the gap between the legs of the teenager from number one and fell perfectly, giving Hope the opportunity to get to her katana, which she grabbed with a quick and efficient movement. She took an appropriate fighting position, ready for attack from all sides.

She saw the girl getting up from the snow, grabbing the sword of the boy from the other two, and furiously she attacked the red-haired girl. The boy stood there in panic and with the intention of running away from that place as quickly as possible.

Hope, seeing the boy's intentions, allowed him to escape, only to make him suffer even more, living in fear that she might come for him at any moment.

When the blonde was about to hit Hope in the stomach, with a quick, graceful turn she escaped from under her blade, finding herself on her left side.