CH 22: The Race is On!

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

As the smoke dissipated, a plethora of metal behemoths emerged, obstructing the passage ahead. Among them, a legion of diminutive robots scurried over, weaving an additional barrier to get through.

Surrounding competitors were screaming about someone trapped underneath the robotic debris, but Kosuke wasn't worried; he had faith they were fine. His faith was warranted when Kirishima poked his head through the metal chassis, looking unhappy. The Class B kid popped up not too long after, using his own hardening-type quirk - similar to Kirishima's, which caused Kosuke to raise a brow.

In a swift motion, Kosuke conjured an iron pillar beneath him, propelling himself with explosive force.

"CLASS 1-A'S KOSUKE ADACHI SPRINGS DIRECTLY TOWARD THE OBSTICAL!" Present Mic spectates.

The zero-pointer lunges at the boy ferociously, its colossal metal claws poised to snatch him and his pillar. Undeterred, the white-haired youth dances his iron through the air, effortlessly sidestepping the behemoth's slow-moving digits. Gracefully alighting on its opposing arm, a sly grin plays across his face. His hands glide over the cold, metallic surface, deftly sculpting the armor that sought to ensnare him into a towering pillar.

Sensing the manipulation of its armor, the zero-pointer attempts to obliterate the intruder. Its massive claws move with deadly precision, aiming to crush the boy and his metallic creation. Like a phantom, he slips between the closing digits, hair billowing wildly in the tumultuous wind as he narrowly escapes the crushing embrace.

As the colossal claws slam shut, pulverizing the makeshift pillar, Kosuke emerges unscathed and lands gracefully on the metallic fist that just tried to crush him. In the blink of an eye, he weaves the green metal into another pillar, propelling himself with an explosive burst. Rising to the robot's shoulder, he stands triumphant, a sovereign figure surveying the chaos below.

Shifting away from the ongoing skirmish, Kosuke scanned the track from his elevated vantage point. A flash of familiar white and red hair caught his eye, sprinting ahead with remarkable speed.

"Even without his ice, he's incredibly quick on his feet. I must hurry-!"

*BOOM*

"CLASS 1-A'S BAKUGOU IS ROCKETING OVER THE OBSTACLES! CLEAVAA~!!" Present Mic's booming voice reverberated through the race track.

Kosuke swiveled to witness the ashed-blonde hurtling forward, just a few explosions away from catching up. Sero and Tokoyami trailed closely behind as well.

He clicked his tongue in frustration, swiftly conjuring another pillar and speeding off before the frenzied boy reached him.

"Bakugou and Shoto have the edge in terms of consistent speed," Kosuke admitted upon landing, immediately fashioning another pillar to propel himself back into the race.

"The only instance I outpace them is during the initial burst my pillars make upon surfacing. Afterwards, their speed diminishes too quickly to be of any use." he analyzed, touching down several yards ahead. "To maintain the lead, I must maximize that burst as much as possible—!" His thoughts were abruptly interrupted as Bakugou streaked past, sporting a smug grin.

Fixating his gaze on the ash-blond, Kosuke narrowed his focus. "I don't think so Bakugou." With determination, he conjured another iron pillar. However, instead of merely riding it, he decided to experiment. Using that initial burst, he launched himself, reminiscent of a pinball machine propelling its ball into play.