Feelings of Confusion

SHADOW'S POV
My heart was trying to escape my chest. Thumping like a race car. My mind was foggy with thoughts. I was kissed by a stranger? A friend? These feelings of confusion surround my brain. I feel shortness of breath. The craziest thought to have was the fact that I didn't hate it. In fact I would like it if we kissed again. Is it possible I may like him. But we just met. I barely know him.

My thoughts were intrude by a sudden hand place upon my shoulder. I glance to see a man standing tall. He has brownie-like eyes. Hair the color of snow. His hair shoulder length and very curly like a bird's nest. He was a bit on the heavy side. But it matched with his height. I remember Hectic introducing him as Finn. He speaks with such an angelic voice. "Hey," he speaks softly. "Are you feeling alright."

My face turns a bright red thinking of the kiss again. "Hectic," I pause for a moment. "Is he coming back?" I ask with concern hidden in my voice. " I don't want him to disappear." I clench my chest tightly. My heart is aching at the thought of not seeing him again. This couldn't be the end when it has barely begun.

Finn smiles with reassurance. Calming my aching heart down. "How do you feel about Hectic?" I could feel heat rise while I thought of the kiss again. Feelings of surprise but also romance arose. My heart starts to beat fast again. Speeding with each and every moment with him in my mind. Without saying a word, it was like he already knew my emotions. I hear a slight giggle. He begins to speak once more. "We should look for them." I nod in agreement as we set forth into the woods. Searching around for Hectic and Knot. 

                  THIRD PERSON'S POV
Hectic ran faster and faster further away. His face was covered with water. The tears unable to stop. The tears came out faster the more he thought he messed up. 'Why did I do that? What do I do now?' His heart was speeding up like a race car. His vision became blurry as he tripped over himself. 'Pathetic,' he thought of himself in such a way. He crawled his way to a tree and leaned on it. He curled up in his knees as he let his feelings pour out.

Knot took a deep breath as he finally caught up. His heart was aching from seeing someone with so much sorrow. He tried to lighten up the mood with jokes. "Wow, you're like a cheetah." He laughed to himself.

Hectic shot his head up as he arubtly stood up. He wiped his tears away harshly. "KNOT!" he shouted out of embarrassment."What are you doing here?"

Knot smiled slightly as he walked closer to Hectic. "I thought you might need a friend." He tilt his head with a slight smirk. Hectic just stared at him for a few minutes. Then he shrugged his shoulder and patted a spot next to him. Knot sat next to him, placing his arm around his shoulder. "You know liking a guy isn't a bad thing." He spoke as if hinted at something. He fiddled his thumbs and continued to try cheering up hectic. Hectic gave a slight grin. He looked his way and nodded his head. Telling knot that he knew that. Hectic still felt an aching pain, not knowing where he stood with Shadow.

                       HECTIC'S POV
I hear a voice that surprise me. I arubtly stood. To my surprise Knot is the one standing there. I wipe my tears away as if he didn't just see me cry. "What are you doing here?" I was a little embarrassed that he saw such a scene.

"Well," he states with a slight smile. "I was worried about you, so I went after you." He tilt his head with a smirk. I felt a little relief that it was him. I sit back down feeling less disturbed. I patted a spot next to me. He sits next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "You know," he starts. "Being into guys isn't a bad thing," he says quietly.

I just gave him a nod as I spoke with a low voice, "I know." Although people in the village would strongly disagree. Though it felt as though he was talking more so to himself. I just nod. "But I barely know the guy," I say, avoiding eye contact.

He covers his mouth as he giggles. "Then get to know him. No one said you had to rush into anything. "

I glance at him, then avert my eyes to the ground. "Yeah," I begin nervously, "but..."

He interrupts me by putting his hand on my shoulder. "You're afraid you mess this up with the kiss." He rolls his eyes, which slightly hurt my feelings. But I feel better when he continues to say, "But you never know unless you talk to him. Maybe he liked it." He shrugs his shoulder as he goes on to say, "Maybe he doesn't want to rush in either, but you guys can talk about what you can do." He gave me an assuring smile. I calm down a bit as I smile back. "You never know how another feels until you talk to one another." His mind somewhere else for a moment. I take in every word as I listen.

                3RD PERSON'S POV
Finn leads the way through the woods, with Shadow dragging behind him. He couldn't calm down. They were searching for Hectic and Knot. Shadow just couldn't stop overthinking. The kiss was on his mind. He pictured those soft lips against his. Remembering the flavor of cherries. His thoughts shifted. He couldn't imagine how he reacted if their friendship was ruined. He tried not to think as he focused his energy on looking for Hectic.

They closed in the distance between them. Finn and Shadow finally catched up to Hectic and Knot. Hectic bumped his head into the tree when he saw shadow. He rubbed the back of his head. He flinched slightly from the pain. He ignored that pain. He noticed how his heart skipped a beat like a pebble skipping across water. But he gained the courage to head towards Shadow with his hands behind his back.

Shadow and Hectic faced to face. Their faces turned a bright red. Both remained silent as they took in the moment. Not once releasing their gazed. As they listen to each others heartbeat. Their heart beats sounding like waves colliding. Hectic's faint breath breezed onto Shadow's neck. Without fail, Shadow felt stimulated. Hectic finally has the courage to speak. "I'm sorry if I made things awkward between us." That's all that he could manage to let escape from his mouth.

Shadow just blankly stares. Then he grabbed Hectic's hand and pulled him into a hug. Hectic's face turned crimson as he felt butterflies fluttered on the inside. He raised his arms to hug him back and leaned into him. Shadow's face turned beat-red as he snuggled his head into his. Shadow just whispered, "I'm glad you didn't disappear." They talked about their feelings and decided it was best for them to wait. They wanted to get to know each other more before proceeding with such a relationship. Of course, they had Knot and Finn cheering them on in the background. Finn and Knot smile at each other. Staring passionately into each others eyes.