Untitled Part 9

Grays POV

So that book was only about two girls marrying guys and getting rich. What's so extraordinary about it? There were two guys too, no surprise there, one was nice and one was a douchebag. The nice one was so nice to his woman that she began to think he didn't love her, what kind of logic is that? And the douchebag showed no affection towards his woman, but he liked her a lot. The girl had to do all the work to get the man and although she wasn't a gold digger she sure looked like one.

Reading the book made me realise just how bad of a decision the book was, because it kind of (a lot)reminded me, how Juvia and I are. Well, not that I'd think of Juvia as a gold digger, and Lizzy wasn't a gold digger either though I think that she had to be attracted to the fact that Mr. Darcy was rich. Anyway, Juvia makes lots of effort just to get close to me and I, I guess,  I come off a little cold.

Anyhow, now it looks like I chose that book on purpose to prove that although I'm ignorant and uninvested, I wanna spend my life with her. Which is not entirely wrong. I mean, I plan on staying in Fairy Tail with all its members including Juvia till I cease to be. I'm not a romantic guy, especially compared to Juvia.

But if I choose the other love story then I could prove her wrong. Firstly, that I can be nice, secondly, that I can tolerate her and thirdly, that I didn't think that Mr Darcy is a least bit like me. So it's decided, I'm the handsome (true), friendly (wrong), gentlemanlike (debatable), wealthy (no) Mr. Bingley.

I bought some hairspray - might as well do cosplay since it's such a boring book for boring people - and now I just look like some weird version of Natsu. Natsu and Lucy would so be Mr. Bingley and Jane if he'd just admit that he loves her. Seriously, there's no way he'd ever feel any affection towards other girls. It's so painfully obvious, sometimes I wanna smack their heads together so they would already kiss and be honest with themselves.

When I arrived at Juvias she was already at the door. I didn't even ask about it since she always had some creepy ass answer for that, like "I always know when Gray-sama is near my Gray-sama-sensors!" Creepy! Instead I complimented her look, which I have to admit was incredible. She blushed deeply and looked down. Her hair was up in a complex messy bun, I have no idea how she managed it by herself. She was wearing a detailed mediaeval looking dress and she looked vibrant in it.

"Aah, Gray-samaaa! Juvia thinks you look so handsome in that tux and those hair," she threw her hands together as her eyes formed beating 3D hearts. That was normal enough. "Why thank you! Shall we get going?"

"Yes! Right away!" she said eagerly, took her keys, closed the door behind her - her lights still on inside - and clung to my left arm. "Aren't you gonna switch the light off?" I asked. I guess she was just a bit nervous.

She untied herself from me and went inside for a moment, turning the lights off, then returning with a smile and standing beside me. "Juvia is ready now!"

I sighed and grabbed her keys to lock the door which she also forgot to do. "Hahaha, Gray-sama really saved Juvia, I totally forgot," she said sweatdropping. She normally doesn't forget such things, but oh well, this is Juvia we're talking about. No one knows what's going on in her pretty head.

We walked outside, headed for the restaurant I chose, Juvia holding my upper arm. I don't mind though. I guess I have got used to the clinginess over time. So much that I even weirdly craved her presence when I was a part of the Avatar. I am grateful to her for forgiving me about me leaving her in the village for six months without giving any explanation at all. She took me back like it was nothing although I had caused tremendous pain to her.

Not that we're together or something.

And you know what, I actually had a great time with her. We went to the restaurant and I for a change tried to be gentlemanlike towards her like Mr. Bingley was to Jane. She was clearly surprised that I had chosen Mr. Bingley rather than Mr. Darcy, as I had anticipated. I even had a chance to quote the book, the quotes were written on my palms.