Chapter 23: I love you

I'm completely shaken by Sakura's words. So much so that I just sit here speechless for a while. I needed to speak with her and learn more. The whole situation with Lucas was bothering me no matter how much I tried to get away from it.

I was an idiot for coming back to Portland that's for sure, but now I have an even bigger reason to show up at the Silvestri mansion, as if Bea wasn't a big enough reason already.

"Andi?" Calvin says gently.

"Huh?" I ask, distantly.

Lorenzo slides out of the booth and starts collecting the glasses off the table. I could tell he was still very annoyed at what just happened. Rightfully so. As Lorenzo lifts the glass that was where Sakura was sitting, I notice a small card on the table. I reach for it, sliding it towards me.

"Want to talk about it?" Calvin asks me.

I shrug, appearing unbothered. "It's nothing to talk about."

"It definitely is. I would never let you go alone." He says in a stern tone. His deep voice is comforting to me, as always. An anchor in a tumultuous sea.

"It's not up to you, Calvin." I snap.

"We will talk about this." His tone is demanding as he stands up and walks away from me, towards the stairs.

"I don't like those bitches." Lorenzo cusses under his breath as he walks back to gather the rest of the cups.

"I would've never guessed," I say sarcastically then sigh. "I guess I better go with him." I get up from my seat.

"Wonderful. Now I can finish what I've started." Lorenzo says, glancing at the man who is still sitting in the booth they were at earlier.

"Please. You need the stress relief, whore." I tease as I walk towards the stairs, relieved to be away from Lorenzo and his PDA session. I have a feeling Calvin has gone out to the parking lot, so I waste no time, sneaking down the stairs through the back exit, careful to avoid any contact with any of the employees.

Any time they saw me or Lorenzo they always had some kinds of questions or complaints and frankly, I wasn't in the mood for it.

When I get out into the parking lot, I see Calvin, making his way toward his motorcycle. His sandy blonde hair is neatly slicked back and he looked incredibly handsome in his untucked white dress shirt and black slacks.

"Cal, wait," I call as he swings a leg over the motorcycle, straddling it in a very sexy way. He nods at me, signaling me to get on behind him so I do and as soon as I'm on, he starts the engine and peels out of the parking lot.

I know he's headed home, but he takes the long way, allowing us to enjoy the breeze that runs through our hair like fingers caressing every strand they touch. The sun is setting in the distance in the direction of the Silvestri mansion, making me wonder what Lucas was doing at this moment. Was he in her arms? Was he laughing at her jokes? Not a single thought about me?

I hated how much the thought bothered me when I had a perfectly good man in my arms at the moment. I hated how much Lucas crossed my mind despite the insignificant and frankly, distasteful interactions we had in the past.

I inhale deeply, willing my mind to let go of all of that for the night as I press the left side of my face into Calvin's back, feeling his warmth from freshly drinking blood through his shirt.

He smelled like citrus and honey. A smell that comforted me endless nights and shielded me from the reality of my misery.

The city eventually turns into a dense forest as we get closer to the house. The air became fresher and much cooler against my skin, making me press myself against Calvin harder for his warmth.

Eventually, Calvin pulls the motorcycle into the driveway, slowing down enough for me to hop off by the entrance while he pulls the motorcycle into the garage. I wait for him for a few moments until he comes around the house and starts climbing on the side of the house until he reaches the roof.

I can't help but giggle at the sight of him climbing the house in his fancy clothes. When I recover, I follow him up. As I reach the top of the house, the wind picks up my long black hair, sending a shiver down my spine. I admire the view as I follow him to the highest point of the house. As I reach it, I see the city in the distance as well as the sun which has set even more. Behind us the sky is darkening into a deep blue, mixing with the sunset creating a beautiful purple and pink in the middle. It was breathtaking.

We sit here in silence for a long moment until I finally break it.

"Cal, what's really going on?"

"I guess I don't want you to go to him." He admits after a long moment of hesitation. It seemed he was afraid to say it. He sits down, still staring off into the distance.

"Why is that?" I sit down next to him.

"He betrayed you, Andi. Not only that, I know you try to hide it but I see right through you. I see the way it hurts and I see how despite everything, you still think about him and you hate yourself for it." He says. I just look at the sunset afraid to speak and he turns to me. I feel his intense violet gaze on me. "So look at me and tell me I'm wrong." I finally turn to look at him but I still say nothing, like the coward I am.

"I know you've spent damn near 500 years loving him, life after life, no questions asked. Unconditionally, but I'm here to give you a choice. A choice of something simple. A choice I'm willing to bet you've never had, Andrea." He caresses my cheek ever so slightly and all I can do is close my eyes and relish in it. His fingers move under my chin, gently guiding my lips to his.

This is the most beautiful, loving kiss I've ever experienced.

"I love you, Andrea Dean. You've changed my life completely." He whispers against my lips and I freeze. He's finally put my feelings into words and I don't know what to say.

He slowly moves away from me, getting a full view of my face. He looks anxious. "Say something, Andi. Anything." He pleads nervously.

"I love you back, Calvin," I say as I lean forward into him, and then I'm kissing him again. Intensely this time.

I'd spent 2 and a half years looking at this man, catching myself staring at him, slowly falling as I simultaneously hurt for Lucas who didn't seem to care less for me. A feeling I could never explain and at this point, it almost seemed like a delusion. Perhaps it was.

The truth was I loved Calvin. He was everything I needed when I had nothing. He was my shield from the worst things I've experienced in my life. Then after that, he was my guide. My protection. My everything. There was no question about it. I did love Calvin Abbey. It was time I admitted it to myself.

I'd spent a couple of years not admitting it, but it was time. To hell with it. Calvin and I could be normal and normal was exactly what I needed.

Calvin pulls away from me after tugging on my bottom lip with his sharp teeth.

"Come on, let's go inside before we break something." He says as he pulls me up towards the front of the house.