Chapter Fifteen - Changes

I was an imbecile and I forgot to ask a question. Sorry! But thank you guys for understanding the wait between updates. I seriously couldn't thank you guys more. Enjoy! Oh and also, I call my evening meal 'tea' and I'm not sure what people reading this call it so I'm going to call it dinner even though that's a mid-day meal for me?

Phil just stared at Dan, his head spinning slightly. What had he just done? Sleep talking was one thing but speaking to Dan, saying Dan's name was another. He just kept a hand over his mouth as he rolled away from Dan, feeling sick. He didn't mean to do that. He didn't want to do that. Dan was going to expect so much of him now and he couldn't have that because he was not going to speak again. He jumped when he felt a hand on his hip, wanting to jump off the bed and dart into a different room. "You don't have to be embarrassed," Dan whispered and Phil just squeezed his eyes shut. He wasn't embarrassed! He was just full of regret all of a sudden, why must Dan fuss over him. "You-" Dan was about to speak again but Phil quickly turned to face him, smacking his other hand over Dan's mouth instead, shaking his head. The boy didn't want to talk or have Dan talking, he just wanted silence. Was that so much to ask for? Dan just slowly nodded and his own eyes slipped closed as he wrapped one arm around Phil's waist and pulled him closer. Of course, Phil was a little confused but nevertheless, he hesitantly lay his head on Dan's chest and let his eyes close again.

-
The next morning, Phil woke up and at first had a little freak as he couldn't move with the arms restricting him but eventually, he noticed who it was and he let out a long happy breath before snuggling down into Dan's chest, sleepy and not really realising what he was doing.

Dan however was already awake having to leave soon but unable to take his arms from the boy. It was like he had them trapped. He had Dan trapped. Trapped so he couldn't move, trapped so that he couldn't get away from the boy. Not that he would chose to. Phil was too enchanting, there was something about him, an untold story hidden deep within his blue eyes. When Dan felt movement, he looked down and saw Phil blinking up at him, the very same blue eyes that clouded Dan's mind just as bright as before but now a little hint of questioning in them. "What?" Dan asked quietly, snapping himself out of the gaze. Phil just huffed as he pointed to Dan and then the alarm. With a furrowed eyebrow, Dan looked at the alarm, seeing that he had ten minutes to leave and get to the school building. "Stay off today okay? I know you've missed so much school but just- don't go in," Dan rushed out quickly as he stood, getting dressed at the same pace. It wasn't his fault. He knew that Phil would be slipping behind in his classes but the younger boy had been through so much already and getting a beating from his bullies really would not help him in the slightest.

With a shaky sigh, Phil nodded and lay back down on the bed as he turned to face the wall while Dan got dressed. He was extremely modest and hadn't even been in the same room as someone naked before so Dan stripping down to get changed in the same room genuinely frightened Phil a little. A short while later, the door slammed indicating Dan had left therefore, Phil stood and slowly shuffled around, getting changed into something better before leaving the room. As he was leaving, he bumped straight into Adrian, his mouth falling open.

"Watch where you're going!" Adrian hissed as he pushed past Phil, leaving him alone at the top of the stairs. Phil rolled his eyes a little at the teens behaviour. One moment he was kissing Phil and the next he was being an ignorant kid? What the hell was wrong with him? With a shake of his head, Phil pushed it off and began to descend down the stairs, light footed and careful. Liz still heard him however and smiled softly, "you're taking the day off?" She wondered making Phil nod slowly. Adrian rolled his eyes before leaving the house. It was awkward in Phil's mind, he hated being with just one person because then they would have a one way conversation with Phil and it made Phil seem so ignorant. He wasn't, he listened and he cared, he was not an ignorant boy, he just didn't reply and Phil couldn't understand what was wrong with that.