entry 02: fancy box

______________________

It has been a week since Taehoon received the letter and it had completely slipped out of his mind. He quickly forgot about his secret admirer just as fast as he had devoured the snacks the unknown person had sent.

Just like his usual routine, the teen went towards his desk to place down his bag and play on his phone while waiting for class to start like always. But, there was something placed on his desk that caught his eyes.

It was another letter.

Although it seems like this time, it was more thoroughly thought out before being given to him. Unlike the first letter which was only written in a torn up piece of yellow pad, this one was now written in a plain purple card.

Not only that, beside the love letter was a small box. Taehoon went closer to his desk, sitting down on his chair before grabbing the tiny box and taking a closer look at his while simultaneously dropping his bag on the floor right next to his desk.

After reading the small fancy text right on the lid, it was now clear to him that it was some type of pricey looking chocolates. Taehoon raised an eyebrow in both curiosity and amusement as he continues to observe the box of chocolates on his hand.

‘Damn... This looks quite expensive.’ He thought to himself, quite impressed with how much his secret admirer was willing to spend on gifts.

While checking out the small box, his gaze slowly shifted towards the letter on the desk, which he still hasn't touched as he got a bit distracted by the fancy chocolate.

Deciding to finally check it out, he put the box of chocolates on his desk then grabbed the purple card, opening it and began to read.

𖤐⭒๋࣭ ⭑

Hey, it's me again. It's been a week since I gave you that sorry excuse of a love letter. Sorry it looked shabby, I panicked and was about to throw it away before deciding to not be a chicken and give it to you.

As Taehoon read the first paragraph, he subconsciously nodded his head, agreeing with the person about it looking shabby as his mind darted back towards the letter from last week —which he still had in his bag, placed in between the pages of one of his notebooks— and noted how his observation before was on point. His secret admirer did in fact, act out of impulse.

Then, Taehoon continued to read the next part of the letter.

But still though, I'm glad that you seemed to enjoy the gifts along with it. So, because of that, I decided to get you a box of chocolates. I was out of town last Saturday and I saw these cute boxes of chocolates and the one that I picked out kinda reminded me of you (I have no idea why to be honest, it just gives off Taehoon vibes) which is why I decided to grab it and give it to you as a gift. I'm not really sure if this is up to your alley but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

Taehoon's gaze wandered over the small box on his desk once more, trying to figure out if it really gave off “Taehoon vibes” just like his secret admirer had mentioned before deciding to shrug it off when he couldn't see any resemblance.

This person sure is weird, is what's going through the brown haired taekwondo athlete's mind, ‘how funny.’

This is getting kind of long, I sort of rambled a bit too much, but oh well! But before ending this letter, I'd like to say that I watched your most recent video on NewTube and I just wanted to tell you that you're really amazing at taekwondo! It honestly inspired me to pick it up again and practice. That's all, have a nice day!
𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ 𓈈

‘Oh? This person knows Taekwondo?’

Now Taehoon's interest has been perked up. He read the last paragraph again, raising an eyebrow in amusement, his eyes glinting with curiosity as he began to wonder who this secret admirer could be.

‘Maybe they can sign up at the dojang.’

Despite his NewTube channel going well, with cash flowing through his digital wallet smoothly, and the children already taking some lessons from his father, it wouldn't be so bad to have a new student in the dojang.

If he were to be honest, he's kind of getting bored seeing the same old snotty children in the dojang sitting their asses on the mats while solving their math assignments like the place is some kind of kindergarten for kids to learn what 1+1 is instead of practicing taekwondo.

It would be nice to have someone who actually takes taekwondo seriously —well, maybe not as serious as he does but it still would be a breath of fresh air.

Just then, Taehoon reverted back to reality when the bell finally rang, his mind drifting away from his secret admirer and towards the thought of what he should have for breakfast the day while watching their first subject teacher enter the room.